Interesting article -what\'s really in pet food

janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
edited 24 April, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
http://www.bornfreeusa.org/facts.php?more=1&p=359 As many people may know, I do nOt eat raw; however I don't deny it could be better for pets if done right; Meowma is considering gradually switching the younguns here over to it, or at least replacing their canned with raw non farmed meats. The above link is not specifically a push to feed raw, but it does explain a lot about pet foods. Meowma says to pay special attention to the part involving "holistic","natural", and all that, as she has a gripe with what she feels is brainwashing being done by advertisers for these. Whatever you feed, the article does give some relief to those who think there could be dead pets and so forth in 'meat meal' (no DNA of dogs or cats found there!) and other horror stories, brings up other, different issues.

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 28 February, 2011
    Excellent article Boo Boo, thanks. I know raw is not for everyone but things like this make me glad I investigated the option and decided to go ahead with it for BK. I would much rather see the pet food industry held to higher standards than have to do that. Maybe someday.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 24 April, 2011
    Bump-up...this is the original article