Arrival Stories

Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
edited 18 April, 2012 in Plus Friendly
Our mom just loves to read a good arrival story. If you think you have an interesting story copy and paste it in this forum for all to read. Some may make us smile:)) and im sure some make us sad :(( but all that matters is that we have a furever good home.

Comments

• Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 2 March, 2011
    Hello Our Bob-Tail Kitty Friends....here is Miss Lizze Bennett's Arrival Story: Well, about two weeks before Christmas I was a lost little kitten. I had gotten away from my home (don't remember how), and had hidden in the engine of a car. The girls who lived at that house heard me meowing, and had their daddy open the hood of the car. There I was, dirty, cold and hungry. They took me inside, and gave me some milk (they had dogs only). That was on a Friday night.....well their daddy and mommy started to sneeze and sneeze...they were allergic to cats. So they told their daughters they had to find me a home. The girls said "We know where we can find her a home! It was a VERY cold Sunday night, so one of them put me inside her sweatshirt and off we went, walking down the block. They rang a doorbell, and this lady answered the door. The older girl said "Oh, Miss Faye, we know you have kitties, we see then in the window when we ride our bikes." My now meowmy nodded and said she did have kitties. Well, then the girl pulled me out from under her sweatshirt and my now meowmy took me in her hands. She said, "Of course I will take her and find her a home....(MOL...MOL). Well, for almost two weeks I would not let my now meomwy touch me, I was scared. But she put me in the upstairs bedroom, and gave me dry food, wet food (YUM!!), made sure I had lots of water and a clean litter box. On Christmas Eve, she came upstairs and said...."Well, little girl, I am going to sleep upstairs here. Hopefully you will let me pet you soon. As soon as she was settled under the covers I jumped up on the bed and snuggled up under the chin and purred......she smiled (and cried) and petted me and kissed me. "Oh, you precious little kitten, you did own people!"...Well, I fell asleep right on my now meowmy. When we woke up in the morning she said "Well, you little orangie girl, I cannot find you a furrever home."....I got scared, what was she going to do with me....then she laughed and said..."THIS is your furrever home!!"...I was SO happy!!! I have been having a very good time meeting other CATSTERS, and playing with my new meowmy and sleeping with her every night. Last night I played with a toy, and that made my meowmy laugh too....I like to see her laugh. Purrs, Lizzie Bennett
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 2 March, 2011
    What a cute little story, that would make for a nice bedtime story for some young child, (including me) teeheee. I give that a five star rating and a prezzie on your page. |/h/|:-h Hi my New Orleans Kitty furiends
  • edited 2 March, 2011
    when mom was growing up she wasnt allowed have to have cat or any animals for that matter. father didnt like them. yet she longed to have cat. so when mom grew up and moved out she started the search for that special kitty or two. and in 2009 mom wish since she was little girl came true she finally got have to have a cat. me and alexis were adopted from adoption day at petsmart. luv nellie
    edited 2 March, 2011
    Hi Nellie, my moms dad wouldnt let her have any cats either.. he hated cats, isnt it funny that when dad retired in florida he got 2 cats? hehehehe.. and as for our mom, she seeked out the purrfect two kittys herself back in 2008. You get a prezzie on your page too.
  • Debra HoffmannDebra Hoffmann RidgewoodMember Posts: 1,174
    edited 4 March, 2011
    Hi All, My arrival story was happy in that Mommy and Daddy took me in. It was sad in that I was just thrown away by my other people. That part I prefer not to know about. You see, I'm a handsome cat. I'm loyal and true. I am my mothers boy. I trust her and love her above all others. When I was put out I had to scramble to survive. I wasn't big and strong like I am now, but I was wiry. But alot of times, the bigger Toms got the food and the girl cats. I just got FIV+ and alot of battle scars. One ouchie is yet to be repaired-it left me with a tiny hole in the side of my face that seeps saliva when I eat. Mommy and Daddy are going to have it 'fixed' but I'm scared of that. Big Vet told mommy that since my bloods are normal, and I eat and drink and poop and play regularly and it doesn't bother me, that it is not an emergency. However, back to the story. I would go and look for places to eat. Some people do kindly put out food for homeless cats like me. I would go everywhere and look. Sometimes the other cats got there before me and there was nothing to eat and I would go hungry. One day I came up to a door up the street from where I used to live. I stopped there, because I smelled many cats. I knew they were inside. I could feel how happy they were, and they were being fed ok. So, I curled up there in the corner by the garbage cans. I waited. When someone opened the door I meowed really loudly..and then when they started to come out I hissed. Then I meowed again...I was so hungry! And then the person went away, but came back with a plate of food. For some months I was fed by my Mommy, her sister, and my daddy. The one I trusted most was my Mommy. She would come up beside me very quietly on the steps and sit. After a bit I allowed her pet me. I would not let her near by ouchies. And I was afraid to let her near my heart and soul. When I would walk away....and it was hard..but I did not know she would take care of me then forever....I would not look back. She worried about me, daddy says. She said then that she wanted to get me in from the cold. And she began working on it. Mommy and Daddy were going to move to where we live now. In order to get me, they got a 'cat trap' (this does not harm cats, but catches them in it). They had to use this because mommy had tried to get me into a carrier and I fought too hard. But they got me in the trap. That day I was taken off to be 'fixed'. Unfortunately, the vet that did it did a poor job and the site got infected. Mommy and Daddy got me home and a day later I got out of the cage that they had for me in the living room. I did not know cages and I was afraid. Daddy managed to get me into the carrier and we went to Mommy and Daddys vet that they use for Bella and Ruffy. That vet saw that I was infected and ouchies!!!!!! I had to be in the hospital and be treated for a couple days. Mommy cried and Daddy was upset. They blamed themselves because they had used a different vet....their vet had been away when they got me and they wanted to get me 'fixed' as soon as possible so that Bella and Ruffy wouldn't be upset....they had used mommy's mom's vet. But anyway, at Mom and Dad's vet I started to get better, except I was a 'difficult patient'. When I finally went home, I had a collar on, the kind that Natalie had to wear. I didn't like it. But I got better. And I learned that I could trust people again...that Mommy and Daddy love me and keep me safe. Mommy's vet believes that I am a 'purebred' whatever that means. I don't want to be pure bread. Ruffy might eat me, he loves to eat, though chicken, not bread. But I don't care what I am, except that I am a lovely cat, who loves my home and my people very much. And so there I am.
  • Jack's PackJack's Pack AustinMember Posts: 4,608
    edited 5 March, 2011
    See Vita's page for her arrival story. :c9
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 6 March, 2011
    Mommy doesn't live where she keeps her horsie barn is, and in the mornings, she just feeds the horsies and lets them out into the pasture, with their hay. She does stalls and cleans the barn at night. But that Sat morn, she had to walk fence line, and fixes the wires, that the deers runs thru, so she was there later that morning, than she usually is, and she was just closing up the barn, and getting ready to leave, when this lady pulled in the driveway. This lady gots out of her car, with me in her arms, and says to my mommy, I found this kitten wandering down the side of the road, is she yours? My mommy says no, all her barn kitties are here, they just ates. The lady said, I can't keep her, will you take her? My mommy says yes, but she will have to stay in the barn, cause she gots kitties at home. The lady said will you take good care of her? My mommy laughed, that lady didn't know how mommy is about her kitties, mol. My mommy said thats like asking Father Knows Best, if he will take good care of his children. The lady hands me to my mommy. I cries, and holds my little arms out to the lady, and said don't leave me. My mommy said to the lady, I think she would rather go with you, are you sure you don't want to keep her? The lady didn't say a word, did not even look back, she just kept walking, and got in her car. My mommy put me in the barn, and sat on a bale of hay and watched me. I was not afraid. Then my mommy thought, this kitten is LH, very well fed and very well groomed and cared for. She even looks like she has some MC in her, maybe a little Persian. She thoughts to her self, hmmm, if this was a stray kitten, she would not be so well groomed and cared for, she would have matts and burdocks in her, and, as little as she is, the coyotes would have got her, or she would have got run over by a car. And how in the heck, did the lady know she was a girl? When people just find kittens, they usually don't look to see if its a boy or a girl, and that young, its hard to tell ( the vetty said I was around 12 weeks old), and if that lady really did just find her, the kitten would not have gotten attached to her that quickly, and held out her little arms for that kitten. So mommy gots a kitty carrier from the tack stall, which I seemed to know what it was, and went in it willing, and tooks me homey. My mommys theory is, I belonged to that lady, I might have been a oops breeding, and for whatever reason that lady could not keep me, and that lady was trying to find me a good home. My mommy saids, a kitten that well groomed and that well cared for, has to belong to someone, and someone would surely miss her. She watched the paper for weeks, no one reported me missing, hmmmmm...... But I gots a goody homey now, I sleeps on softy kitty blankies on the bed, and I kneeds all the teddy bears on the bed. =; :D :-h
    edited 7 March, 2011
    Thank you for the story Smokey Boo, that was PAWSOME we sent you a prezzie.. now off to read the rest. :^:
    edited 7 March, 2011
    Awwwww Vita, that was so cute, and god bless your family for taking in not just you, but your little babies as well. |:| Sending a prezzie to your page.
    edited 7 March, 2011
    SMOKEY... very nice story, I love all of them, wish I could gather them up and make a kitty bedtime stories book. now im skipping down the road gathering up a prezzie for Smokey girl.. |$|
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 9 March, 2011
    Hi KuJu Ku! :-h My arrival story is posted in my January 29, 2011 (my Gotcha Day) diary. This is from my diary (sorry it\'s so long!): Here’s the story of what happened 5 years ago today. January 29, 2006 was a cold, grey, rainy and gloomy Sunday and would turn out to be a big day for my sister Miss Mittens and me. At that time, we were living in a nice house in a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We were snug and warm in our home that day, as usual. We had no suspicion that our lives would be totally disrupted before the day was over. Our mommy Alice had left the house one day and we never saw her again. We didn’t know where she was or why she had never come back home. She had not been home for 2 months. We didn’t know mommy Alice was very sick from cancer and was dying. She was living with her daughter but we didn’t know that either. A nice neighbor was caring for us and feeding us every day. Mommy Alice’s daughter also checked in on us frequently. We missed our mommy and were not happy kitties. We didn’t know that our mommy Alice had been looking for a new home for us and had finally found us a new mommy but would soon find out. Early Sunday afternoon on January 29, 2006, mommy Alice’s daughter and the neighbor who had been caring for us walked in the front door of our house accompanied by two women we’d never seen before. They were holding a big, old-fashioned cat carrier. It had taken the unknown women over an hour to get to our house from the neighboring state of New Jersey. One of them was our new mommy. The next 15-20 minutes were upsetting. No one had prepared us for a move and we hadn’t been confined to a room. That meant we were loose in the house and no one knew where we were. Everyone began looking for Miss Mittens and me. When they found us, they tried to pick us up and put us in the cat carrier. We weren’t having any of it! We escaped, ran and hid. The humans began hunting for us all over the house and chasing us around the house. They’d find us and try to pick us up. We kept escaping. My new mommy caught me once but I was very squirmy and frantic to get away and escaped from her arms, leaving a deep and nasty scratch on her hand. Miss Mittens and I acted in tandem and managed to get away from the humans every time. That is, until that last, fatal move when we both run into the kitchen and hid next to each other under a small table in the back corner of the kitchen. We were trapped! Mommy said to mommy Alice’s daughter: “Quick! You get Kaci and I’ll get Mittens.” They swooped down in unison, picked us up and put us in the cat carrier and closed the gate. And that was that! Mommy Alice’s daughter called mommy Alice on the phone and put the phone up to the carrier gate and mommy Alice said good-bye to us. Then we left our home forever and went for a long car ride to our new home. Miss Mittens was very sad and turned around in the carrier and laid down with her head on her paws, eyes closed, facing the back. She never moved. I sat up and cried and drooled all the way to my new home. When we arrived in our new home, mommy put us in a bedroom, closed the door and let us out of the carrier. She gave us two litter boxes, food and water. I ran and hid under the bed. Miss Mittens ran to a corner of the room and wedged herself under a table with her back to the room and her face to the wall and wouldn’t look at anyone. She stayed there all night. I eventually came out from under the bed to investigate and greet my new mommy and let her pet me and feed me. Mommy Alice’s daughter called that night to see how we were doing and mommy Alice talked to our new mommy for a short time. Our new mommy told mommy Alice that I was very sweet and friendly and was letting her pet me but Mittens was hiding. Mommy Alice said that wouldn’t last long because Mittens was the boss and was not going to like me getting all of the attention. Our new mommy found that hard to believe at the time but soon learned how true it was! It took me a few days to settle in but I was soon out of the bedroom and roaming all over the house. Poor little Mittens was extremely depressed and hid for days in the bedroom closet before she let mommy come near her or touch her or pet her. Mommy Alice was hospitalized the next morning and put on life support. The family waited for her son to arrive from California on Tuesday and took her off life support that night. She passed away a few hours later. We had found a new home just in time!
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 9 March, 2011
    Kaci: What a sad but beautiful "Arrival Story". We know your late meowmy is watching you both from Heaven, and smiling to know her girls are loved and taken care of. Our meowmy cried when she read it.....but now she is smiling because of they happy ending. The New Orleans Kitties
    edited 9 March, 2011
    sniff sniff :(( sooooo sad. But glad you got a new forever home. Prezzie on your pagie.
  • ALLEYCATANGELALLEYCATANGEL Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited 11 March, 2011
    KuJu Ku it is so cool that you started this topic I love reading the stories. They are all so hearttouoching. Kaci we had recently read your story but think it is just soo good (sad to)with a happy ending for you kitties. I love the legend you mentioned.
  • ALLEYCATANGELALLEYCATANGEL Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited 11 March, 2011
    My mom doesn't know exactly what my life before her was but it must have been something like this: I was roaming the streets with some other kitties somehow I had gotten seperated from my family and I am not sure what happened to them. As we roamed about a really big BOXY truck stopped and some men jumped out (like the trash men do) we most likely thought they would feed us like my family used to do but no! oh my goodness they grabbed me up with a metal ring it had a long stick on the end of it. I was suspened in air for a minute and then dropped into a cage with some other really MEAN and very mad kitties. As the truck moved down the road I hid in the cornor hoping no one would hurt me. Wow my ribs were hurting and something might have happened to my throat it hurt to talk. When the truck stopped we were at a "shelter" it smelled of really scared kitties and doggies and the smell of death still hung in the air. The cage I was end was picked up and shoved onto a shelf with all of us kitties till in it. Someone stamped it with a "tag" then put some food and a litter box in there. I was scared to eat and my throat hurt. The other kitties were mean and battle scarred, they had all been on the streets longer than I. Later that day as I lay there surrounded by the ugly smell of fear and death in a cage with "feral" kitties, I felt the brush of angel wings and a kitty I now know as "skids" tapped my shoulder and said "my mom is on the way here she wants to take you home and doesn't know it yet. When I give you the signal roll over and stretch out your paw to the lady coming down the hall." So I did and "skids" was so right the wonderful lady rescued me from there and now I have a forever home, I always give mom and dad some "eye kisses" Thanks Kaci for helping mom understand how skids told me to "adopt" her. Mom wasn't even gonna get another white kitty MOL>
    edited 30 March, 2011
    Oh Boo Boo what a nice story... we got teary eyed.. sending over a prezzie fur you. Now we need some more Catsters to write in..
  • Rachel HenneyRachel Henney AcampoMember Posts: 1,476
    edited 13 April, 2011
    We had been living in our new house for about 3 months and the last couple weeks we have been hearing a lot of noise under the house. Because we live in the country we were scared it might be a possum or raccoon or some squirrels. So we set a humane trap. And Tigger is what we caught. He came out all purrs and was just skin and bones. We pet him gave him some turkey sandwich meat and some water (It was in the 100 degrees + that day). I went to the dollar store and got him some meow mix not planning on keeping him. Ever since then we were stuck. He has been living on our back porch now for about a week. He is dying to come inside the house and will dart in only to be faced with my three (now 6 dogs) dogs and will high tail it out. We would love to bring him in but it just would not work out with the dogs. But he can live out there as long as he wants to.******** That was the old story! When we first found him we fed him loved him and put up signs and ads in the paper. We did not get ONE call. Then he started tearing up our window screens and spraying on my husbands prized hot rod. He told me "thats it get rid of him." I called every rescue I could find and every one was full, I refused to take him to a shelter because I knew his chances there were not good. I convinced him to let me keep him until I found him a proper home. I asked EVERYONE even going to the pet stores and asking people in the cat line no one wanted another cat. I was driven to tears every night because it was causing a major wedge in mine and my husbands relationship. Then one day I got up and noticed him limping and thought he maybe got something caught in his paw and he’d be fine soon when it got worse and not better I checked his foot and his paw pad was completely ripped in two pieces OUCH I told my husband I HAD to take him to the vet. He was not thrilled about ANOTHER vet bill. And we are really not cat people. I pleaded with him and said it could be my upcoming anniversary present getting him neutered also because all we need is more unwanted cats out here. Even though he got me a present anyway. So I took him in a had him neutered and had his injured foot fixed. The vet advised us to keep him inside for 2 to 3 weeks to let him heal. We bandaged his foot and he would rip the bandage off and rip out his stitches. After another trip to the vet to put his stitches back in and he did it again. We got him the e-collar and a third set of stitches. Within two days we introduced him to the dogs one at a time and the dogs paid no attention and he didn’t seem bothered. It only took a couple days of adjustment to each other and now he loves the dogs especially Lizzie and she adores him. As soon as he was healed his behavior problems completely disappeared he stopped clawing and spraying 100 percent. I have a soft spot for him. I felt he had to have some traumatic experience in his life. He is SO sweet and LOVES people we know he had to have a home and one time. And then all the sudden weather it was an accident (he got lost) or on purpose (he was dumped out here) he went from a loving home life to living off rats and mice under a country home hiding from coyotes, loose dogs, feral cats, possums, raccons, and hawks. He cannot get enough love, he follows us everywhere we go. I made a deal with my husband that if Tigger could be allowed in the house he could have the $1500 stimulus check, because he did NOT want him in the house. Now he comes in whenever he wants! We keep him in at night (when the coyotes come out) and on bad weather but he chooses to be outside most days. He is by far the most amazing cat I have ever known I can NOT imagine my life without him. He’s my world I can NOT imagine a more perfect cat for our home. And My husband and him are the best of friends and inseperable. I tell him “your welcome for keeping your little buddy” all the time.
    edited 25 April, 2011
    Awwwww "meowing out loud" Tigger, cute -cute- story ! Now ask your hubby for half of the stimulis check back. Check your pagie for a prezzie =;
  • Autumn GessertAutumn Gessert Amarillo, TXMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 3 May, 2011
    Here's mine. I was such an unloved stray before my Momma took me in. This is from my page, and from my Momma's point of view: I had been seeing Chumley around the neighborhood for a couple of years, and began feeding him about a year ago. I fed him because we live near a busy street, and I hoped it would keep him from trying to cross it. I thought he was much older than he is, because he was so rough looking. He never approached us, though, until after our Lars crossed the Bridge last August. He had no home of his own, but our complex was his territory. I resisted taking in another cat after Lars' passing, my heart was broken. Somehow, it didn't seem right. Yet, Chumley became more and more friendly to us, and began to come every day, even twice a day, to eat. When I began to save a can of food to give him whenever I saw him, I realized I was hooked on him. I knew the day would come that he would come to me needing my help. That day came much sooner than I thought. On Thursday, January 4, 2008, Chumley came to my house with a big cut over his eye. There was no question he needed medical attention, and I could resist him no more. We immediately went to our vet, who tended his abscessed wounds, tested and treated this poor little stray, and -- after 3 days okayed him to come home and be OUR kitty, indoors forever now. As we were on our way to pick him up, a brief rain shower broke out and stopped just before we got there. I couldn't believe my eyes as I walked in -- the sky had cleared, and there was a huge rainbow right over the clinic. It was then that I knew my Lars had sent Chumley to me for help, and that he approved. How could I ask for more than such a sign right from the Rainbow Bridge. I have been a happy, indoors only boy now since January 2008. I love being a house kitty!
    edited 25 May, 2011
    Beautiful Chumley ! Heartfelt story. Look for a prezzie on your page :xo:
  • Mary WaltersMary Walters Milton KeynesMember Posts: 6,959
    edited 25 May, 2011
    I came to live with Momma and Trev in 2008. The next door neighbour came round one day as mom had just come in from work and asked if she knew anyone who wanted a kitten. Mom and Trev had been talking about getting a companion for Abbi as she was an only cat by then. Sooo, mom told the neighbour this and she said that her friend had a 6 week old kitten that they had had for a week and he daughter was allergic and scared of it. That means that I left my birth momma at 5 weeks, I was far too young. Anyways, the neighbour rings my old momma and tells her she had me a home. Within 10 minutes of the call, I was taken to mommas home with all my stuff and left there. I was a little ball of black and white fur, sooo scared I ran and hid. When Trev got back from work, momma got me out from my hiding place and said,'meet Perdita 2'. Abbi ran upstairs and wouldn't come down for 4 days, then she came down, looked at me, licked me all over and I knew I had got alovely fuurever home where I am a loved kitty. And of course, I have my little boy, Patch now too.
    edited 26 May, 2011
    =D> Can I hear a round of applause for Perditas mom for taking in a little kitty. Im so happy im tootin my horn :P Check your page for a prezzie from lil ole me.
    edited 26 May, 2011
    I could never turn a kitten away, or cat for that matter. I am waiting for a suitable foster cat for my local rescue group even though I have 5 of my own. Thanks xxxx
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 28 May, 2011
    our stories: MAIZY: my human sister was interning at a humane shelter, and I was brought in about week old, as the guy that found me tried to bottle feed me, but it was too much for him. So I was brought home as a foster, Mom & The Dad fell in love with me & could not give me back to the shelter, so I became the princess! I had some big food aggresion issues, and the shelter had said that I prob would have been put down if Mom didn't keep me. She helped me, and I have NO food issues at all.
    edited 28 May, 2011
    TIGGER: Mom & The Dad were outside in the front talking & The Dad said hey there's a cat under the truck. Mom saw little legs, and just called out " kitty kitty kitty" in this really high voice she uses, expecting me to run the other way as the ferals usually do - but I came CHARGING to her, and rubbed her legs so much that I kept falling over & purred so loud. She fell in love on the spot. I have heart disease & now FUTI, so Mom says I was meant to find her.
    edited 28 May, 2011
    SMITHWICK: Tigger found me in the tree next door. Mom heard me meowing & I was scared. She got me to come down with food. One of the days, I smelled what they were eating & climbed the screens on the porch cause I wanted IN. Mom kept feeding me the next several days. I hid in her garden at night, and after about week of work, I let her pet me. She opened the door, and I walked right on to the screened porch & found my home.
    edited 28 May, 2011
    I came to mom at about 6 months old. My previous owners put me on internet wanting a new home. Mom lives in Milton Keynes, but I lived in Cardiff. Moms friends live in Newport so they collected me and I stayed at thiers that night. I was bought to mom next day. I have settled in and am very comfotable here. I am a much loved part of the family and Patches dad.
    edited 28 May, 2011
    Abbi Mom wanted a rescue cat so rang RSPCA cat lady to see if she had any older cats for adoption. She told mom there was 1 on next estate that needed a home but they hadn't room to take her. She rang the lady who had me and came to see me, she fell in love with me right away and took me home. I was 5 or 6 years old at the time and it's my gotcha 10 years birthday on 30th May.
    edited 28 May, 2011
    Ginge A friend mom was working with told her her cat was pregnant, so mom wanted a ginger kitten and asked if she could have a Ginge if one was born. Well, I came along and mom got me at 6 weeks old. Okay, mom rehomed me, but she had me back 3 months after, so is all good. She won't send me anywhere ever again. It worried her when I was away from her and I came back thin and my fur was matted and greasy. I am now gaining weight again with moms feeding and my fur is getting back into condition again too.
    edited 31 May, 2011
    Wowsa, that was the biggest hit in a short time of arrival stories.. thank you to MAIZY, TIGGER, SMITHWICK, BOBCAT, ABBI, AND GINGE for sharing your wonderpurr stories. You each have a rosette on your page. |/h/|