Welcome to Catster\\\'s Senior Cat Forum!

Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
edited 29 August, 2011 in Senior Cats
Hey everyfur! Thanks to the Community for suggesting this new Forum; we LOVED the idea! Let\'s get started celebrating older cats! I\'m Hambone and I\'m thriving at 13 years! |^|

Comments

• edited 3 March, 2011
    what about a forum for adult cats?? who are not seniors yet.
  • Mary WaltersMary Walters Milton KeynesMember Posts: 6,959
    edited 3 March, 2011
    I like this, I am Abbi, at least 16 years old.
  • Debra HoffmannDebra Hoffmann RidgewoodMember Posts: 1,174
    edited 3 March, 2011
    Well, I am probably at least 10-and our vet thinks probably more. Bella is probably anywhere from 13 plus.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 3 March, 2011
    I think the Senior Forum is an excellent idea, and thank you Catster, for putting it in! :-h I have an idea for another really great forum, where do you go, to make suggestions? :-k :-h :D =;
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 3 March, 2011
    Yay senior kitties! I'm 15 now. And I like this because so often, a feeding or health question has a very different answer than usual when you are talking about kitties that are...well seasoned. :lol
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 3 March, 2011
    :-h Hi fellow seniors! My name is Kaci and I\'ll be 15 on May 1. :D I love this idea! Thank you Catster for starting this forum! ;c;;c;;c;
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    \"Old\" Apollo, here! :-h I\'ll be 17 in a few weeks.
  • ALLEYCATANGELALLEYCATANGEL Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    wow I like this place , mom wishes she had found place like this for me when I was a senior before I left for the bridge.
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    Hello every purr. :-h This is a great idea. I'm Sheba and I will be eighteen in May.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 4 March, 2011
    This is Delyte. I think this is a great idea--now we won't have to bore the younger kitties [or scare their mommies] with stories of our creaky days and new ailments. I will be 16 on May 1 if I make it. I am a survivor of some kind of growth that blocked my intestine 6 years ago which was removed by surgery. I now am hyperthyroid, have CRF, arthritis and cataracts, but am doing pretty well. Our person switched the whole furry crowd to grain-free food at the end of last year, because Stella was having some kinds of gastric problems, and it has worked well for all of us. I now have lots of energy and play by myself and with my person, and I also am into trying new things and all kinds of stunts. Since I have lived here my whole life, I know where everything is and how to get into it! Purrs to everyone here! :-h Old guys rule, especially old black guys, right Bumpurr?! ;)
  • BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    Hi....all of my friends are here. I am sixteen and counting. I turned 16 on Valentine's Day. This will be a good site to go to for information on seniors. Alex is just eight so he isn't there yet...I have early kidney disease and had an iris melanoma for which my eye was removed. I can see well and am recovering fine....Welcome everybody...
  • Michele RohyansMichele Rohyans Member Posts: 231
    edited 4 March, 2011
    YEAH! Finally a place for us purbabies who are no longer kittens! Hi all, I am Chiquitita and I am really 15 not 14 (mommy can't do the math as to my real age and has me born one year later than I really was, but that's OK, 'cause now that I am taking my new meds 3 times a day I feel more like 14 than 15 anyway) ;c;
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    Thank you, Catster! I think a Senior Cat Forum is a great idea. My name is Felix and I'm 11 years old, but I still act like a crazy younger cat! I was diagnosed with diabetes last year but am in remission and doing great since a change in my diet to all canned food.
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2011
    We just saw the Senior Dogs section on Dogster and are super pawleased that there's one for us cats too! Three out of the four of us are what humans consider "senior". Gabi and I are going to be 11 in May and Brooke will be 14 a few weeks after ours.~a~
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 March, 2011
    Hi ya:-h I\'m Balty and I turned 20 on the 1st Sept 2010. I wonder if I\'ll get to 21:-k I\'m an indoor outdoor kitty but Where I live it\'s very common, actually it\'s the norm.
  • Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 8 March, 2011
    Hi Everyone, My name is Winnie and i'm almost 18, it's so nice to have a place for us oldies to get together! :-h
  • Penny McCaffreyPenny McCaffrey HolmesMember Posts: 25
    edited 25 March, 2011
    From Buddy -- I am a young boy of only 3, but my family often talks about the cats who used to live here before I came along (long before I was even borned!). Casey was 16 when he passed on and Kit-Kit was over 14 (my family adopted her but never really knew her true age....she lived with them for 14 years but was probably older). I hope I live to be an old cat too. My family takes good care of me and I have a very good life. Senior cats seem like cool dudes to me! =D>
  • Andea KenyonAndea Kenyon Member Posts: 12
    edited 25 March, 2011
    Me too I will be 16 in September, and my \'baby sister\' will be 12
  • Andea KenyonAndea Kenyon Member Posts: 12
    edited 25 March, 2011
    Thank you Spanky. I\'m her 12 year old \'baby sister\' !
  • Michele RohyansMichele Rohyans Member Posts: 231
    edited 26 March, 2011
    Welcome to all the new Seniors! ;c; |bb|
  • Sarah_PinkSarah_Pink Chapel HillMember Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited 12 April, 2011
    Just turned 12 on Saturday. Mommy got me a new catnip mousie yay!
    edited 21 April, 2011
    Happy Birthday Bastet! Hope you\'re enjoying your new toy! ;P:P;P |bb|
  • Debra HoffmannDebra Hoffmann RidgewoodMember Posts: 1,174
    edited 21 April, 2011
    Enjoy and embrace your inner kitten! Guys, something our pawrents need to think about as we get older.... Most do, but mom learned the hard way... If you're Seniors are doing well on a food, don't change it. Be careful of cat treats. Just like some folks who don't have too much fur, our bodies sometimes don't do too well with change. I'm feeling so much better, but I have an appointment with the vet today-my vet! She spoke with my mommy this week, and she said she believes that some of my distress could have been from arthritis-not liking the 'Bub' and some weluva food with fish in it-something I love, but as I get older, is harder for me to tolerate. I'm feeling much better, actually. Mommy and Daddy wree given a box of arm and hammer multiple cat and they used it and guess what? I like it too and have been 'borrowing' the box when I can. Mommy and daddy may make that a permanent thing. I usually use feline pine-it's always been my litter of choice. But Big Vet said she's going to examine me to ease mommy's mind. I do drink alot of water in the morning and evening but don't appear dehydrated to daddy or mommy. I have been sitting on the end tale that is covered by a blanket near the window looking out the window and enjoying it. I have also been eating well and using the box. I love my little heating pad that gets heated in the microwave for me and then put under my blaket-it takes the chill off in the morning. Big Vet told mommy that as we cats get older, we need heat more and we also need a regular diet and may not like some of the foods we used to like, or may not tolerate them as much. She said that if I like pro plan and digest it-which I do, leave it alone. (though mommy did sneak that fiber I wouldn't take into some people tuna and I really enjoyed that!) sneaky mommy! But I did finally poop after that! love, Bella
  • Genevieve MonteiroGenevieve Monteiro Toa PayohMember Posts: 3
    edited 2 May, 2011
    i like this too! Thanks guys! Oh and Im 15 this year!!!! meow!
  • Susanna CookSusanna Cook Member Posts: 768
    edited 5 May, 2011
    Yo, kitties! Im Misty, (12-year old cat who will be 13 soon) and I almost feel young here, mol. Its good to have some other old cats around because my house is full of a bunch of kittens, (or are kittens to me at least) ages 4 and under.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 May, 2011
    Misty I know what you mean, I have one at 6 years and two at 5 years and they are still kittens to me. But they sure know who is the boss, and that is me. You just need to throw your weight around and let them know you are in charge.:))
  • Carolyn HarrisCarolyn Harris OttawaMember Posts: 244
    edited 8 May, 2011
    Hi everyone! My name is Sunny D and I am 14 years old. I lost my best buddy Oliver to cancer last month - he was only 12. I miss him so much. My folks got me a little sister to keep me company because I was so sad after Oliver passed away. Her name is April. She looks kind of funny to me, but they tell me she is a Persian. ;)
    edited 8 May, 2011
    Hi Sunny D! :-h So sorry about your brother Oliver. |:| I lost my sister to cancer 8 months ago and miss her very much. Hope your new sister (who\'s adorable!) keeps you good company and cheers you up.
  • Sarah_PinkSarah_Pink Chapel HillMember Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited 9 May, 2011
    My name is Sunny D and I am 14 years old. I lost my best buddy Oliver to cancer last month - he was only 12. I miss him so much. My folks got me a little sister to keep me company because I was so sad after Oliver passed away. Her name is April. She looks kind of funny to me, but they tell me she is a Persian. Hi Sunny D! Sorry to hear about Oliver, cancer sucks. Mommy has cancer, but she's getting better. You and April look absolutely adorable. :D I lost my non-biological brother last year to a stroke and seizures so I know how hard it is to lose someone precious to you. *hugs* Welcome to the Catster forums!
  • mary kerseymary kersey Member Posts: 34
    edited 9 June, 2011
    Hi I am Marmite, my mum says I am her gorgeous boy. I am top cat here in this little village in West Wales UK. I used to have a brother just like me and two sisters but Petal had a fit when she was two and left over the bridge, Orly was poorly with his kidneys and went to join Petal when he was 9 and Ginty got sick with her kidneys 2 years ago when she was 12. So there is me now and mum fostered a little tabby boy at Christmas to keep me company. He is called Tigz and he is a year old. He is a complete pest at times but he does amuse me and stop me feeling lonely. I spend lots of time sleeping on the big bed or in the garden if it is warm. Its nice to have a place to chat.:-h