Welcome to Catster\\\'s Senior Cat Forum!

Comments

• janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 9 June, 2011
    Welcome to Catster, Marmite. Meowma got not one but TWO pests to keep me 'company" so I feel for you. I know you had rather sit with us old kitties! (Meowma here--I never get to see it unless BooBoo is asleep, but if she doesn't hear me coming I catch her sleeping with the young cats pretty often. If I'm in the room and they try to snuggle up, she growls at them :))
  • Marta GasperMarta Gasper FairburyMember Posts: 636
    edited 11 June, 2011
    Welcome Marmite(love your name)My sisfur Madam had a stroke and went to the Bridge last Wednesday, surely she\'d have met your friends, she had kidney issues too, now at 13 I\'m the oldest next to Francisco that is 10..I have no eyes and one-eared Francisco is FIV+ but hey we are here yet! Thanks Catster for a senior Forum
    edited 11 June, 2011
    Oh, I\'m at least 13, I was a stray living with ferals, my parents took me in because I was declining, had tons of infections, had my teeth extracted, later on I developed glaucoma and had eye surgery..and felt so much better!Thank-you Catster for a Senior Forum!
    edited 11 June, 2011
    and I\'m Francisco, I\'m at least 10, my owner surrendered me to Homeless No More cat rescue and am in foster care now to be adopted. My foster mom put a calming collar on me because I started having issues with the other kitties(I live with Lionel family)vet saw me but all values are in normal range so it was dx \'behavioral\'(could be I\'ve no idea) I\'ve skin allergies and a floppy ear_my foster mom said I look like half a Scottish Fold now:) I\'m just an old boy from Fairbury, Nebraska
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 12 June, 2011
    Welcome to the Senior Cat Forum Marmite, Lionel and Francisco! Lionel, I\'m very sorry about what happened to Madam. May she rest in peace. |:| Francisco, I\'m purring that you find a good furrever home soon!
  • Michele RohyansMichele Rohyans Member Posts: 231
    edited 12 June, 2011
    Welcome to Catster's Senior Forum! I'm Chiquitita and I will be 16 very soon! Though, due to mommy's math mistake we'll just go with 15...Anyway, I have a pest too, his name is Bandit and he just turned 8. In secret I am very glad he is my brofur, but we won't tell him that.
    edited 12 June, 2011
    Oooh Pests! I just love the topic..there are quite a few here, the young P just turned 1 yr old but still pests..our mom does rescue so we get them once in a while, all ages! We older guys don't really care most of the time but Pests are too young to understand 'don't really care'..ah-well we're Pests too once
  • Liz JensenLiz Jensen KissimmeeMember Posts: 92
    edited 3 August, 2011
    Hello, I'm Pouncer, I'm 12 years young. My owner calls me her Old Lady but I'm far from old. Just let me sleep all day and feed me soft food. And No kids!! Except that young human who kicked me when it was in your belly.
  • Katie BrenchleyKatie Brenchley Member Posts: 1
    edited 8 August, 2011
    I love this meow|^|;c;
  • Laura CantuLaura Cantu PasadenaMember Posts: 58,782
    edited 8 August, 2011
    Hi! I turned 17 on august 1st. I'm slipping in health and my mom is doing what she can to keep me comfortable. Nice to meet you all. |^|
    edited 9 August, 2011
    Hi Casey :-h It's nice to meet you too!
    edited 9 August, 2011
    Hi Kaci, thanks for the pal request.
  • Cassandra NoneCassandra None Member Posts: 406
    edited 10 August, 2011
    Good mousie greetins from Scooter (12), Tiffie (13), Daigon and Holly-Ivy(about 10) who have to tolerate all the "young'uns"
    edited 10 August, 2011
    Greetings Scooter, Tiffie, Daigon and Holly-Ivy! It's nice to meet you too! :w)
  • Mary DubuissonMary Dubuisson Member Posts: 296
    edited 11 August, 2011
    I'm Kiki, and I'm 13 years old. I live with my son Jack who is 12, and a 1 year old cat named Kosuteh. My days are filled with naps, lots of love from mom, and treats. I love to be in the same room with her. :)
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 11 August, 2011
    Hi Kaci and Everyone I am so happy to see so many familiar faces!! Oh my goodness... Mom is kind of worried about myself now that I am older... does anyone have ideas about health concerns she should watch for?
  • Cindy BonnerCindy Bonner Member Posts: 8
    edited 13 August, 2011
    I'm Trouser. I turned 14 on June 21. I have lymphoma but intend to make it to my 15th birthday at the least. I had toxoplasmosis when I was 12 and nearly died, so I figure I have a few more lives to use up yet.
  • Sarah_PinkSarah_Pink Chapel HillMember Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited 15 August, 2011
    Hi to all the new kitties! :D
    edited 17 August, 2011
    Hi trouser! Thanks for the pal request. Mom is fighting with the vet bc they won't give me another b12 shot until I have a vet visit and blood test again.
    edited 18 August, 2011
    I have a vet appt this morning. I've not eaten in four days. :(( I wrote in my diary last night. Please read it to know a little about my life. I'll keep you posted.
  • BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 August, 2011
    Oh Casey.....I hope that there is a reason for the eating problem......You are in our hearts and we wish you well no matter what...You have a wonderful life and are lucky to have such nice people.....take care....
    edited 19 August, 2011
    Thank you Natasha. I got the b12 shot and came home. I ate and my mom was hopeful but when she got home tonight I didn't eat.
    edited 20 August, 2011
    Casey- Has your mom tried appetite stimulant or Gerber turkey or chicken food?...I have these when my appetite is off. I do love the Gerber. It is soooo delicious......What did the vet say to your mom about your condition?.....Hope that you feel better soon...
    edited 20 August, 2011
    Yes Natasha my mom has tried all you mentioned. It's my kidneys and they are failing. I'm afraid my time has come. I go to the bridge this afternoon. From my mom: I'm going to let Casey go this afternoon. It's so hard but it's time. She's been a good cat. Not always the most loving but as she got older she finally mellowed out & would actually lie next to me without scratching me or being annoyed. She's in my arms now; so quiet & frail. She will going to that place in the clouds where she will be healthy & the light of the sun will glisten upon her back & the warmth will fill her body & her heart. Please think of her today. Thank you all for all your help and especially sweet alex's mom for her kindness and support. |r| (^^
  • Sharon DaltonSharon Dalton Member Posts: 3,728
    edited 20 August, 2011
    Mom is leaky, thinking of the pain you are taking upon yourself to keep your beloved Casey from suffering. It's a great day for Casey, but such a sad, sad day for you! Casey will be well and happy at Rainbow Bridge, waiting for *you* - what a reunion that will be! Mom has two of her feline kids at Rainbow Bridge because of kidney failure, so she really understands your pain. Bless you for being so loving and compassionate; may Casey's Creator bless you with peace.
    edited 20 August, 2011
    Mordred, thank you so much.....your words are so true. Casey passed at 4:20 this afternoon. I carried her in my arms wrapped in a blanket and she didn't fuss or try to get away. She was weak and frail and so silent. I knew yesterday that today I was letting her go. I got up early this morning and cuddled with her on the couch and cried my eyes out. I had to go to a meeting this morning and I was just praying that she would wait for me to return so she wouldn't be alone when she made her journey. She was so tired. when we left the vet's office we went to the market and as we walked thru the aisles, my husband said listen, it's Casey's song. It was the song, "How Far from Heaven" by los lonely boys and although the lyrics don't apply, the title does and I would like to think that it was Casey asking for directions to the Rainbow Bridge. I broke down and flooded the aisle with my tears. We bond so deeply with our pets...and they are so much a part of our lives. The pain we feel when we have to let go hurts so much but of course it would because they give so much of themselves to us. She has nothing but sunny days ahead for her at the Rainbow Bridge. |r|
    edited 21 August, 2011
    You did well for Casey.....I did the same for my Ben who died about eight years ago. Releasing them is hard on us than it is for them. They are out of pain and suffering. Each day, you will feel less pain and know that Casey is at the Bridge. The song was from Casey to let you know that she is better......To go peacefully is the best way. Our sympathies to you....but you know that she had a good life with us and will always remain in your heart and memories.......Alex and Natasha- owned by Sharon
    edited 22 August, 2011
    when ever a strange occurrence occurs I always interpret as message. :c9
    edited 22 August, 2011
    So I hear that banners is saying she's next in line as the alpha. Talker is disputing but the way I see it is that banners and I are friends and I told her that I was leaving to herby alpha position cuz she's my replacement alpha.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 August, 2011
    :B|:| Big hug from us and lots of purrs