NCR (Not Cat Related) Anybody ever try Match.com or Chemestry.com?

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 13 April, 2011 in Plus Friendly
OK, so I bit the bullet, signed up, filled out all the crap, mol, and now I have 2 emails. Tried to access them, but it says I have to pay. Well, what the heck? Never said that up front? :-O If some have that kind of money, hey, good for you, I however, do not. Health Insurance takes a huge, bit out of my check, as well as gas and everything else going up. :)) So what do ya all think? :-k Is Bump's mommy doomed to never find a boyfriend, mol, cause she can't pay for it, mol. :? I was hoping, we would get a NCR forum, but nothing yet, mol, I did ask, they said they would forward it on, so, I am starting one. =;

Comments

• edited 18 March, 2011
    awww bumpurr's mommy u should never think u cant get a boyfriends just because u cant pay for a dating site. we understand that quite well those can be expensive try searching free dating sites mommy has seen free ones. daddy found mommy on myspace.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 18 March, 2011
    For the picture, I put Bump's picture, mol, heck, if I put my picture up, they would run screaming, mol, mol, mol. Both sites rejected it, mol. Read some of the matches, all want slim blond and pretty. Well, gee, maybe ya best look at your own self, mol, Paris Hilton, ain't gonna be calling you, mol. And what the heck are you even doing on a dating site, if ya was so good looking, that the slim blonde pretty girls was throwing them selfs at you, mol, mol, mol. :)) :))! :)) Anyhow, to me, the person you are, and the values you have, and the way you treat a woman, is what I find most attractive, not what you look like. =;
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 20 March, 2011
    I've tried Match.com and also some free dating sites in Japan. If you can't afford Match.com, don't worry too much about it. The guys I met either didn't click with me (or vice versa) or were losers, some of them verging on the not quite right in the head category. I don't do it anymore because the more I did it, the more I decided I liked being single more than I liked dating creeps. I'm still keeping an open mind, though, and would consider a relationship if I find a decent person. I want an honest, unattached, communicative, and humorous person--like me! I think the situation is harder here in Japan than in the U.S., though, because (1) Most people don't get divorced, and the single guys my age tend to be creeps (2) Most Japanese men don't like white women unless they are slim, blond, and 22 (3) Japanese men who want to meet foreign women usually want to practice their English, which irritates me because I am not a walking textbook, and because my Japanese is invariably better than their English (4) Foreign men all want Japanese girlfriends. As for sending a photograph--I've never done so, and find that when I meet a guy for the first time, he always looks disappointed. I am NOT that bad looking. One guy (American) I met on Match.com was hideously ugly, but I admired the fact that he sent me a photo anyway. (He was a kind of nice guy, except that it turned out that he already had a live-in girlfriend. And it also turned out that he was a billionaire--I'm not making this up, his assets were public information on the Internet.) Post a photo, and you'll find someone who likes how you look and/or likes your personality.
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 20 March, 2011
    Bump's mom: I have never tried any of these dating sites. At age 62 I figure I am WAY too old for them....MOL. As you said, they are all looking for someone slim, blond and pretty. Wonder what the guys look like?? Hope I don't sound like "Dear Abby", but have you tried meeting anyone through your love of horses? Do you go to horse shows?....Particpate in trail rides, etc.? When I was more active in Living History I never had trouble meeting men. There was a big gap in the ages of the women who participated, especially those of us who did not mind if we got wet or our shoes dirty in trying to do our best impression during a Living History event. Most of them just turned out to be good friends, but that was fine. Just mean if you meet someone at an event that interests you, it may mean the man has some of the same interests. Good Luck....and by the way, Lizzie thinks Bump is one handsome orangie mancat. She said SHE would not mind going out with him. She is still a young kitten girl, and I told her she might have to wait to go on dates. But, since we know Bump and his family, he would be most welcome to vist her at home.
    edited 20 March, 2011
    I know I am a nice person, I have alot of friends, am very well liked and respected, mol, but for most men, that is not enough, they want a pretty one too. Well, the pretty ones, ain't hurtin for dates, and ain't on no dating sites, mol. Dating sites, in my opinion, are for the average looking person, who just wants to meet another nice person. And, in my opinion, if one is that hung up, on what the other person looks like, first, then that means the person is basing the relationship on outer beauty, not someone I want to be in a relationship with. The person you are, is what makes you attractive. I am not dog ugly, but not Paris Hilton or Jessica Simpson either, mol. I always got hits on my personality and what I wrote, they asked for a picture, never heard from them again, mol, oh well, that is their loss, mol. I did put up a picture, they kept buggin me for it, I really don't have many pictures of me, mol, so put up one from a cat show that was taken at Halloween, in the costume class, with Cowboy, he even won a prize. Now we will see, how many hits I get, mol, like zero, which doesn't matter anyhow, since I don't have the $ to pay for the site, which they don't bother to tell you up front, mol. I ain't lookin to get married, or move in with someone or have them support me, but it would be nice to have someone to go out and eat with, go to a movie, or just hang, as well as ah other stuff, mol. Forgot to put in there, Bump would have to approve them first, mol, mol, mol. :)) =; If someone did a show, on the relationships in the horse world, it would be a number #1 rated soap opera, way better than Dallas or Dynasty, mol. Could tell you way cool stories. In the cat show world, most men are either married or drive the "other" truck. I am 56, look 40 and act 12, mol, so age has no bearing, mol, in my opinion, and 62 is not too old, to have a boyfriend, even if its just to have someone to hang with. Bump ain't havin no girly friendys, mol, he is way too young, but he can has friendys to plays with, besides, he spends all his allowance on toys, mol, mol, mol. And, they would has to be Dallas Cowboy fans, mol. Eagle fans, Giant fans, and Redskin fans, need not apply, mol, mol, mol, especially Eagle fans, he don't have much use for their QB, who felt the wrath of the Dallas fans, when he came on down to Big D. :))!
  • edited 20 March, 2011
    mom tried using dating sites when she was single. but then she stopped doing that. because older, creepy men kept trying to come on to her. mom dosent wanna date somebody who could be as old as her parents.
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 March, 2011
    Mum says you can have Dad :)):)) he is going free to a good home MOL :))! she will ship him across the pond right away :)) Good Luck to your Mom Bumpurr, we hope she finds the right person really soon =; We liked your idea of a 'Non Cat Related' place to post for humans to chat about human things. Even though this is a site for us kitties, we know that many of the humans have met some wonderful friends through Catster both virtually and in person. Mum says that some of the friends she has met through Catster she feels closer to than friends she has known all her life. So yes, it would be nice to just have a little place to go and chat non cat related items with friends we have grown to trust and respect %:D%

Bruce The Boss

edited 21 March, 2011
    Thanks Bruce, I sent the suggestion to Catster, for a NCR (Not Cat Related) Forum, they said they rec'd it, and passed it on, nothing yet. :-k Do you think your daddy, could pass Bump's inspection, forgot to put that in the write up, mol, mol, mol. Eagle fans, need not apply, mol, mol, mol. :)) :-h :)) I told them to cancel the account, no sense it staying up there, when I can't access the emails they sent me, don't want them to think I am ignoring them, and I just don't have the $ to pay for it, and, ya gotta pay for all of it, upfront, cheaper to never find a boyfriend, oh well, wasn't meant for me to have one. :?
  • Sharon DaltonSharon Dalton Member Posts: 3,728
    edited 22 March, 2011
    Why do you need a boyfriend anyway?:? Mom likes her single life -- just she and we! :c9
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 March, 2011
    :)):)) Dad likes any sports Bumpurr, so you could convert him to follow your favourite team :)) We are in the UK, Dad is a big soccer fan, he follows Manchester United :n: We agree Althea :)):)) Mum would much rather be on her own with us kitties :)):)):))!:))! she said men are just annoying :)) I love him but I know what she means :))!

Bruce The Boss

• Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 23 March, 2011
    Bruce! :-O:))
    edited 23 March, 2011
    Well...... batteries are cheaper than a dating service, mol, mol, mol. :))
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 24 March, 2011
    *mol* at Bruces comments... hey, we will throw in our daddy too.. all for free, hes a great cook, loves football, and loves us two furmily kitties, talks baby talk to the kittys also, he does his own laundry, but is not much of a cleaner.. the only downfall, is he smokes cigars GAK !! Mom hates it - its a big turn off. We do kick his butt outside to smoke, never ever would she permit that !!
    edited 24 March, 2011
    Oohhh same here, we would love to be on our own, men are annoying.. STAY SINGLE, we will have a group of CCL's come up to NY and can all go out. We can have a Crazy Cat Lady Luncheon. Men haters club. .. teehee.
    edited 24 March, 2011
    Maybe I can get to the Garden State show this season, so save that bottle, mol, trying to put a plan together, to find a way to get to some shows this season, mol, I surely love the Garden State show, its my favorite one, well, except for getting lost in NJ, mol, mol, mol. :))
  • Monique ReeceMonique Reece CoronaMember Posts: 775
    edited 24 March, 2011
    My mama is on match.com, but she doesn't log on very much lately. She met our ex-not-the-mama there. They were together for almost 7 years. So when he dumped her 2years ago, she went back on. She met some guys that i didn't like, and that turned out to be bad news. I tried to tell her by biting the guys who i knew were not for us, but she wouldn't listen, and then she ended up sad. *Mama Monique takes over now* Hi, Bumpurr's mama-- if you want a free site, try Plenty of Fish. Last year, i started the Youth Movement, where i only dated guys in their 20s (i'm 38), and there were lots of cute boys on that site. If you're looking for something more serious, then i'm not sure if Plenty of Fish is the way to go. Lots of flaky guys on there. And i never knew how many people had suspended drivers licenses!
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 25 March, 2011
    This is Delyte. Our person, who is also 62, but not looking because she has a wonderful sweet male person, wonders how women our age ever find anyone, because there is so much prejudice against women who are not young, blonde and slim. [At least she COULD be a blonde! MOL!] Since she has silver gray hair, is heavy and walks with a cane, and was never very good looking to start, she figures she would be out of the running. Periodically you hear about men who say they want women their own age and who have a brain and a sense of humor, but they must store them on another planet. Oddly enough, and we don't really recommend this as a dating tip, whenever she accompanies our male person to the VA hospital for his dr visits, if he goes off to do a test, some guy will come up and try to talk to her. Sometimes the same thing when she is at Wal-mart, in an electric cart. So if she can manage it, it must be possible. She says the men are interested in her tummy, or the upper part of it, which is a fetish for human men. Certainly we male kitties would never thing of judging a female cat by her tummy, even if were as lovely and fluffy as Queenie's is. She is highly admired by humans for her "bunny belly." Humans seem to admire the strangest things in each other. We second the recommendation to go to things you are interested in, in the chance that men are doing the same thing, and also grocery stores, libraries, laundromats, other such places. Bars are not so good, although she did meet our male person at one--but that was nearly 30 years ago and everything was different then.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 25 March, 2011
    CCL meet at the Garden State show...heck if you can't afford to show a cat, just show up to hang out. And don't forget the special offer!
    edited 28 March, 2011
    Hey Bump, did Boo Boo tell you shes going to be a vendor at the GSCC this year? YEP yep, so there will be me, Boo Boo, Niki and who ever shes going to show and maybe you Bump !! We have all meet and have a CCL dinner which included splitting dat bottle.. whhoooohooooo. Sounds like fun. As for Kisu and Kujy, we are totally done with shows, Grand premier is as far as we take it, regionals cost way to much with traveling every w/e and we dont have the time or money for that. But mom will prob just take one of us to hang out wiff her at the show. What good is a cat show if you cant take your best cat to hang out with ya?
    edited 28 March, 2011
    Again Bumpurr... get a Garmin or a Tom Tom (no, not another cat - but a GPS) its so much easier than reading directions from paper.
    edited 28 March, 2011
    Delyte: Gosh, your mom and I could be sisters!!! I am 62 (made that landmark on Feb 2), have silver white hair and walk (sometimes) with a cane. I can understand what you mean about having men talk to you at the VA Hospital. Bet the prefer speaking to a woman who can hold an good conversation. I have NO interest in sports, whatever, have never attended, nor watched on TV any football, baseball, basketball, whatever. I am content with my single life, and enjoy my life. When people ask me if I have a "significant other". I tell them, "why yes, several of them, and they treat me so well....When I come home they throw themselves at my feet, cover me with fur, and can't keep their paws off me." If they do not know already, I make sure to specify that they are cats.....MOL...MOL. P.S. Bump.....Lizzie understands your postion. However, you and your brothers are welcome to drop in and visit at anytime. Even if none of my girls are interested in sports, they are good cooks...MOL.. Is the way to a mancat's heart through his stomach???
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 28 March, 2011
    This is Delyte. The way to my heart is certainly through my stomach, but I can't speak for other mancats! :D But I am a bit old and creaky for Miss Elizabeth ...
    edited 28 March, 2011
    So, OK, it was free this weekend, got 1 email, sounded like a nice guy, likes cats and sports, sent him an email, he wanted a picture, he has not replied, gee, what a surprise. :)) Why in the heck, do guys think, that ladies that look like Jessica Simpson, would even be on a dating site? ::o What is even the purpose of matching people with similiar likes and personalities, if the guy is going to decide if he even wants to just "talk" to you, based on what you look like. And if ya think about it, unless you get a professional picture done, who really looks good in random pictures, or even looks like their picture in real life? :? Oh well, if a man is going to judge our whole relationship, on what the lady looks like, then that is not someone I want to be with. Their loss, mol. :)) God made me ugly for a reason. If I was pretty, I would have boyfriends, and not have time to come on here and help others, and make so many great friends, who really like me, and don't even know what I look like, mol, mol, mol. And lastly, Bump loves his mommy, he doesn't even know society would consider me ugly. And actually I play a very important part, if it wasn't for us ugly ladies, the other pretty ones would not be considered pretty. =; :-h :)) Just deleted my account on both of them, who the heck needs a man anyhow, I got batteries. I have alot of friends and am well respected by people who have seen me in person, so I know, I am very well liked and am a very nice person, why I ever thought, I could ever find a boyfriend, is beyond me. And now, the pity party is OVER. =;
    edited 28 March, 2011
    *heheheheh* =; I like that. There should be a "like" button on catster.
    edited 28 March, 2011
    MOL :)) :-h
    edited 29 March, 2011
    Delyte: You are most welcome to come and visit, and we will make lots and lots of goodies with New Orleans seafood. No matter what you age, we loving meeting other CATSTRE cats!!! Remember, every Tuesday and Thursday between 2 and 4 of the clock. Today we will be having shrimpie pies, Crab and Crawfish Pies, and many other dishes. And lovely fresh cream to drink, of course. Hoping to see you soon, I remain Miss Elizabeth Bennett
    edited 29 March, 2011
    Oh Miss Elizabeth, we are on our way over... Shrimpies?? crab?? mmmmm *licking our lips*
    edited 29 March, 2011
    Kosco: Looking forward to meeting you....the more the meowier....I am sure meowmy would not notice a little more fur around the place, and she scooped ALL the litter boxes this morning....MOL...MOL.. And be sure to bring the KK Kittes with you also. Lizzie Bennett:-h
    edited 30 March, 2011
    The KK kitty are all packed, if we leave now will we get there before lunch? "ARE we there Yet?"
    edited 30 March, 2011
    Yummy yummy shrimpies in ma tummy :-O