Weight Loss

2»

Comments

• Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 7 March, 2012
    hi Gigio, yes i've had my thyroid tested 4 times in the last year, had it done twicw in one week because the vet didn;t believe the results but they showed no problems.
  • Brenda GrabBrenda Grab MadisonMember Posts: 606 ✭✭
    edited 7 March, 2012
    I also was losing a lot of weight (used to weigh 15 lbs.). My thyroid always tested normal, but I had a lump on my neck, was vomiting, and always hungry. I was put on methimazole anyway, because sometimes the tests don't detect it. I have now gained 2 lbs. back and no longer vomit. I'm going to be 19 years old in May. I also have IBD, pancreatitis, and kidney disease, but I think methimazole is giving me some more quality time.
  • Lisa FLisa F Forest HillsMember Posts: 67
    edited 12 March, 2012
    Edison is on methimazole too - he's not gaining any weight, but every cat is different, so don't let that scare you. He also has kidney and liver issues, and prefers to nap more than eat since he's 16 &1/2. And let's put it this way - the methimazole may be keeping him from dropping any more weight, so that's a good way to look at it. I hope all goes well for you!