FOOTBALL! 2011-2012

Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
edited 17 June, 2014 in What I Love About Catster
It is Football time again kitties! We only have 10 days left to wait.;c; Where is everycat at? Pmail me with your picks and let\'s get started! ~a~ Here is preseason Week 1: Preseason 2011 Preseason Week 1 Thu, Aug 11 BAL Ravens @ PHI Eagles JAC Jags @ NE Pats SEA Seahawks @ SD Chargers DEN Broncos @ DAL Cowboys ARI Cards @ OAK Raiders Fri, Aug 12 CIN Bengals @ DET Lions MIA Dolphins @ ATL Falcons PIT Steelers @ WAS Redskins SF 49er\'s @ NO Saints TB Bucks @ KC Cheifs Sat, Aug 13 GB Packers @ CLE Browns BUF Bills @ CHI Bears IND Colts @ STL Rams MIN Vikings @ TEN Titans NYG @ CAR Panthers Mon, Aug 15 NYJ @ HOU Texans Byes: None

Comments

• Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 1 August, 2011
    Is it really starting already? With all the walk outs lock outs and other negotiations we didnt think they were really going to start on time. MOL. I hope Bumpurr and Cruiser and Cowboy come by, if only for this thread. Miss them.
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 1 August, 2011
    That time again! Whoo Hoo!;c; Preseason will not count for our end of season stats but the winner of preseason will get a rosette. Just like in actual football, we've got to get in Football mode!=D> Our humans seem to find better things to do at times, mine included. Play as you can. You will have the first quarter of the game to have your picks pmailed to count. And I realize not everyfur gets thur nite games, I will try and remind us early of the Thur games.. Anyone wishing to submit your Superbowl picks NOW can do so for the fun of it. I will file them and see if anyone got it right come Superbowl time! Whom ever does gets a rosette and bragging rights! MOL. Mainly let us have fun! The first game of the season is on: Thur, Sept 8th, (Mommy's birthday) NO vs GB (Mommy's team)
    edited 1 August, 2011
    Mommy going to be purry disappointed for her birthday if GB wins. I will hide I think. Pepper and I will post our picks here each week. That way everypurr can see how badly Pepper is doing!:))! Go Cowboys!
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 2 August, 2011
    Bump will play! :-h So Pepper, is ya cryin, in your jumbolya, that Reggie gots traded to Miami? :-O Mommy is still pretty upset, that Marion Barber got trades to Chicago, what was Jerry Jones thinking?? :(( McNabb got trades to Minnesota, yipeeeee!!! ~a~ Get him the heck ola, out of my division, mol. ;c; Hey Pepper, can ya adds a song, to my site? I wants the The Stray Cat Shuffel by the Stray Cats, pm me what info ya need. :xo: Oh, write it down now, Dallas is going to win the Super Bowl, it is in Indianapolis this year, which means, the Colts, won't be attending, mol, the Super Bowl curse continues. :))!
    edited 1 August, 2011
    Hi Allie!! :-h I missed you! I believes the firsty game of the season, is a Sunday night game, Dallas vs NY Jets. Does ya wants to have our firsty party of the season, to kick off the footyball season then? =; ;c; ~a~ ;P :P I graduated cheffy school, I gots a A+ on the final exam, mol, cause of all the cool recieps that Pepper taughts me, mol. :))
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 1 August, 2011
    Alright I am going to try this again this year. I promise I wont let you down!
    edited 1 August, 2011
    The first game of the actual season is a Thur night game 9/8. NO/GB. Suppose to be on NBC. There are 13 games played Sunday (9/11) and 2 played Monday night (9/12) according to NFL.com. *Picks up Cruiser and swings him around* That is great, I knew you could do it! Glad to see everyfur! *Hugs all around* Have missed everyone!
    edited 1 August, 2011
    Barber, Roy Williams and one other Cowboy is now with the Bears. Have no idea what Jones is thinking, letting 5 starters go.:? Bush never lived up to his hipe. A big season start BBQ sounds good to kick the season off and as it will be 9/11 a time to relish being with friends.
    edited 1 August, 2011
    :w):5
    edited 2 August, 2011
    *pounces on Bumpurr and gives him big kisses and headbutts* So glad to see you and the kittens here! And ... Go Saints! |$|
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 2 August, 2011
    How can anyone think of football when it's 100 degrees outside! ~r~ But we're in!
    edited 2 August, 2011
    *Cowboy runs up and hugs Allie, and plants a big kiss on top of her little head* |:| Hi Allie!! I missed ya, glads to see you and Miss Pepper again! :-h I bens a busy boy, I is backy on the show circuit, I was in NJ a couple of weeks ago, and PA a few weeks ago. I was a very goody boy, only made 3 Finals in NJ and PA, buts, there was 26 kitties in my class in NJ and 15 in PA, and I is currently in 18th place, out of like 45 kitties in my Region. I gotty a show in NY in a few weeks. =; Mommy says we gotta start thinking up costumys for the Halloween show. I wents as a horsie, with a cowboy riding me last season. I wons the funniest costumy, mol. The picture is on my pagy. :D Roy Williams never lived up to his hype either, and after all that Dallas paid for him, sigh :-O Sorry, was looking at the Dallas schedule, when I said the Sun night game, was the first game of the season, mol, it is for Dallas, mol. :)) We can have our first tailgate party at the Green Bay vs New Orleans game on Thurs night, all kitties are welcome to come and join in the fun. Cruiser and Pepper can plan the menu. Cruiser can bring some ribs from Texas. What else should we have. The ribs were Cruiser's final exam, he did a very goody job, compliments of all that Miss Pepper taught him, mol. :))! Everybody gonna be gunnin for Green Bay this season, knock off the Super Bowl champs, its real real REAL hard to repeat, think it was Dallas that did it last, or maybe it was Pittsburgh, and ain't nobody, ever, three peated. Gonna be a great season, with all the player changes. ~a~ ;c; :D
    edited 2 August, 2011
    For PreSeason, unless Daddy objects to Allie's picks, we will pick together. Come season, Daddy picks Al and Mommy picks mine!:) Our Picks: Preseason Week 1 Thu, Aug 11 PHI Eagles JAC Jags SD Chargers DAL Cowboys OAK Raiders Fri, Aug 12 CIN Bengals MIA Dolphins PIT Steelers NO Saints TB Bucks Sat, Aug 13 GB Packers CHI Bears IND Colts TEN Titans CAR Panthers Mon, Aug 15 HOU Texans We have not opened anypurr's pmail for picks. It is preseason and well, it is preseason!
    edited 2 August, 2011
    We can try a small opening for Thurs but lots of kitties' pawrents have work Fri and at over 100 degrees down here, well it is hard to get into football. So let's concentrate on the week end! Cruiser you plan the week end menu my little chef. I will help you. GEAUX SAINTS
    edited 3 August, 2011
    Can't wait to try your ribs Cruiser! When it comes winter up there, well even comes winter here, the grill is ready! So happy we have a "Show Kitty" with us again Cowboy! I think Mommy should dress you as a Dallas Cowboy this Halloween!
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 August, 2011
    Remember, Catster is planning to be down starting 3 p.m. Catster time on this Friday. Their plan is to be down for approximately 6 hours, so everyone needs to keep that in mind. :m
    edited 3 August, 2011
    So are we back to our tailgate party on Sun night, for the Dallas - NY Jets game? :-h =; ;c; |:|
    edited 4 August, 2011
    Today is my birthday!! I is 7 yrs old!! Mommy says I is the birthday girl today!!! :-h =; ;P :P ~a~ ~a~ :xo: |:|
    edited 4 August, 2011
    Happy Birthday smokey! |bb| ;P
    edited 6 August, 2011
    Happy Birthday Smokey!;P
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 8 August, 2011
    Happy birthday Smokey!!;P Miranda and I will do our best to keep up. As many of you know, our Mommy is pregnant and we are expecting the dorkling to arrive around 8-27 - just in time for regular season!!;c; I've been ever so busy making sure everything is right and ready and marked with my scent. Tried to squish myself under the crib for guard duty, but there's not enough space:-O Go Steelers! (yes, dorkling has two Steeler outfits already)
  • John PollackJohn Pollack TaneytownMember Posts: 699
    edited 8 August, 2011
    Sorry bout this, pepper, but GO BUCS!!!%:D%%:D%%:D%%:D%%:D%
    edited 8 August, 2011
    So a Baby Steeler in the oven. WE can accept that and work around it. MOL! Zoe is Steelers and Mir is Fins. Tigger, Gys is a Buc's fan too! I do pick them except when they play the Saints. And yes they have beat my Saints! I can slink to the Loser's corner while you brag at the Winner's table! :) Remember, Preseason starts this Thur!
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 9 August, 2011
    Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;c;;c;;c; ;c;;c;;c;
    edited 10 August, 2011
    PRESEASON STARTS TOMORROW NIGHT! ;c;%:D%;c;%:D%;c;;c;
    edited 10 August, 2011
    Bump, Cowboy and Cruisers picks, for week 1, preseason. :-h =; ;c; Baltimore New England San Diego Dallas Oakland Detroit Atlanta Pittsburgh San Francisco Kansas City Green Bay Chicago Indianapolis Tennessee Carolina NY Jets When does we wants to has our very firsty, official tail gate party, of the regular season? ;c; :-h
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 11 August, 2011
    Hi Bump !! We just popped in to say hello :-h , the forum with the foot ball title told little old us that you'd be here. Congrats on your wins in NJ and PA !!
    edited 11 August, 2011
    Allie has set up Dallas tent. Pep has laid out kabobs made with shrimp, beef, pork, chicken and veggies. GOOD LUCK EVERYFUR!!!!!!!!
    edited 11 August, 2011
    Dallas 24 Denver 23, first preseason game!!!!!! ~a~\r\n\r\nDallas tied it with 21 seconds left, the 2 pt conversion was successfull!!!!!!;c;\r\n\r\nDallas comes from behind, to win, in their usual fashion, mol. :-h %:D% =;
    edited 12 August, 2011
    Thur Night Scores! 12JAC / 47NE 6BAL / 13PHI 24SEA / 17SD 23DEN / 24DAL 24ARI / 18OAK