RECALL

Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
edited 9 October, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
The recalled soy flour is used in both human and pet foods. Please check labels for soy flour. Soy Flour Recalled - used in Human & Pet Food http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/recalled-soy-flour-linked-to-pet-foods.html love, Hazel Lucy

Comments

• Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 6 October, 2011
    Thank you for the valueable info. This not the first time they had a racall. They recalled non-pet soy grit and flour Feb. 2010. Ralcorp sued them for 7 million. This company has a big problem!!! Since it was not in Susan's post, I'll add it here from the FDA firm press release: "The recalled soybean flour and meal was distributed to a limited group of wholesale customers located in Illinois, Vermont, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Canada. The shipments occurred in November 2010 thru September 2011. Thumb Oilseed is contacting these customers and taking necessary steps to protect consumer health. No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall resulted from routine sampling conducted by the company and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which revealed the bacteria in finished product and the manufacturing environment. Thumb Oilseed is cooperating with the FDA in investigating the situation." So if they test their products, does it take them 11 months to get the test results? We try to buy zero soy products for the humans & pets.
  • Hannah EastmanHannah Eastman ChicagoMember Posts: 880
    edited 6 October, 2011
    i dont really think its that worrysome. i live in illonis. and my cats eat meow mix dry food which has soy meal in it. neither of my cats has samonilla. mom drinks soy milk cause she is allergic to cows milk and nothing happened to her either. people make a huge out of nothing.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 October, 2011
    Soy meal is not Soy flour. The FDA lists it as a recall because it is important. It's important to be informed.