Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

YouTube video

Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
edited 17 October, 2011 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
is there a way to show my youtube video on my profile page? This is me eating cream, i get so messy!!!

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 October, 2011
    No, not yet. You can post the link to YouTube on your page. Uh, Cookie ... how do you breathe with all of that creamed corn in your nose? :))
  • Barbara FruinBarbara Fruin Member Posts: 614
    edited 12 October, 2011
    Funny!!! :)):)):))
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 14 October, 2011
    :)) That's so cute!
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 October, 2011
    What happens if you go to.... your account biofields then to fun stuff In the first small box put a name so you can figure out which one it is Second bigger box post this &ltembed src=" " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"&gt&lt/embed&lt&gt/object&gt last smaller box put 500 This is what I have, but with all the changes with Catster I hope it's still works. If not join the pawsome pages group they have good ideas BTW I love the video purrs Raza
  • Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 16 October, 2011
    Thank you Raza, i tried that but it didn't seem to work, there is a space where the video should be but no video showing...when i say i tried i mean my mum and she really isn't very good with computers :)) i'll get her to keep trying though!!
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 October, 2011
    Cookie, just under your video on YouTube is a button that says "Share." Click on that to get the code to "embed" the video on the right-hand side of your page. I tried it on my page and it worked. I'm not sure that this code will come through entirely correct in these forums because Catster often inserts a space where there shouldn't be a space, but hopefully here is your code: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zQ0hkpFcruA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Like Raza said, enter the title of your video in the first small box on the left, put the "embed" code in the biggest box, in the center, then enter 350 in the small box on the right that says "VIEW" underneath it. Be sure to click on the "Show on Profile" box, so there's a checkmark in it.
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 October, 2011
    The code in my post above came out okay, so you should be able to copy it from there. But check to see how to get that code from YouTube, too, so you can see how to get the code for your next video. Cute video, Cookie! :))
  • Clare YatesClare Yates KentMember Posts: 322 ✭✭
    edited 17 October, 2011
    Thank you so much Ashlynne, not only are you beautiful but you're smart too! and thank you once again Raza it worked. ;c;