Cats Pride - Fresh & Light litter

Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
edited 12 March, 2012 in Cats and a Clean Home
I'm looking for reviews on this cat litter on clumping & odor control. Have you purchase it yet from Walmart? Please tell me what you think of this product.

Comments

• Amber FrielAmber Friel WebsterMember Posts: 690
    edited 20 October, 2011
    I have used cats pride before and I personally didn't care for it. As it was very dusty, even when only scooping out clumps it created enough dust to make me sneeze. It was very sandy, and I personally wouldn't use that brand again.
  • Katherine EvansKatherine Evans Clinton, MOMember Posts: 105
    edited 6 December, 2011
    Aw thats crummy, I have a coupon and hoped to use it to help save on the scoopable for my litter mix :(
  • Tracee BaldwinTracee Baldwin SpringfieldMember Posts: 1
    edited 7 December, 2011
    I actually prefer it myself. It is very fine so it clumps up well and it is also safe to be flushed down your toilet. Gucci has gotten to where this is the only litter he will use! It does pretty well with the odor control. We used to have a VERY, VERY big problem with that!! I finally discovered that chicken was the culprit. It is so high in protein and their digestive system produces extra bacteria to break it down. Since cutting back on his chicken intake the odor has gotten a thousand times better! Just something you might double check if it is a big problem for you too!
  • Susy GreenSusy Green Member Posts: 2
    edited 11 March, 2012
    The commerical in which the passed-out cat is given CPR is erroneous and could be dangerous if followed! The Red Cross class in pet first aid directs one to lay a cat on his side and lightly squeeze his lungs from the sides!
  • Brenda GrabBrenda Grab MadisonMember Posts: 606 ✭✭
    edited 12 March, 2012
    The "Fresh & Light" version of Cat's Pride is much improved from their other varieties. Not much dust and clumps ok (and being "lighter" is a bonus). They make one with fragrance and one without. We recently experimented with about 5 different litters. My cats are fine with Fresh & Light Cat's Pride or Elsey's Precious Cat. I would recommend trying this.