Wysong Au Jus

Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
edited 10 November, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
Hi all. I believe that I remember that the general consensus was that Wysong is not a good company, but I mostly see recalls of dog food listed. I'm interested in buying a couple of cans of the rabbit au jus as emergency back-ups for Blackberry's all raw rabbit elimination diet. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea? Thanks very much, BB's mom

Comments

• Suzanne BrunerSuzanne Bruner Member Posts: 440
    edited 10 November, 2011
    I very strongly disagree that Wysong is not a good company, but that was not your question. If I remember correctly, the Au Jus is not complete and you have to add their "Call of the Wild" supplement to it in order to feed it as a staple of the diet.
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 10 November, 2011
    Hi BB, I think it's a good small company. Though they do have some odd food, one being a vegetarian cat food ( ::o ). But I think it's a good enough company. Though some of their canned food (and dry) has too much grain etc., in my opinion. The Au Jus doesn't have any supplemention, as Amber said, so it has to be fed sparingly or have supplements added (taurine, calcium and other vitamins). But it's good that it's only meat.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 10 November, 2011
    Wysong Au Jus It's only a supplemental food. There are no vitamins and minerals in the food. Quote: Use as a supplement to basal dry diets, and rotate with fresh foods and Wysong TNTâ„¢ raw foods as described in the Wysong Optimal Health Programâ„¢. I would keep regular canned food as an emergency back uo food source.
  • Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
    edited 10 November, 2011
    Thank you everyone. Ok, I mis-remembered about the reputation of Wysong and that is good, the more good pet food companies we have the better off we all are!:D Actually, I do know that the au jus meats are not complete diets so don't worry, I have no intention of making the au jus rabbit a staple of any cat's diet. I really do mean "emergency" back-up, as in case of power outages (unfortunately all too common here), needing to have the neighbor feed the cats for a meal or two, etc. They would just be sitting around otherwise. I'm probabaly paranoid, but I feel uncomfortable not having something around just in case!:) Oh, and he's supposed to be eating rabbit only, so while I love, and feed, Instinct canned all the time, the number of other ingredients it has makes it not suitable for the 3 month elimination diet. Thanks again for all of your replies! BB's mom