Nature's Variety - Any questions?

Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
edited 8 December, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
I got picked for a local focus group on 12/6. I found it on their Facebook page on Friday. So here is your chance for me to ask a question. They are giving a $50 gift cert. I'm giving it to my niece's dog!

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 6 December, 2011
    Why do they use coconut oil in one of the Instinct dry foods? I think it is the duck one but not positive
  • Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 6 December, 2011
    The LID turkey has the coconut oil. I'll ask why the saturated oil is being used. I'm interested in know why add clay to food. May the two go hand and hand.
  • Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
    edited 6 December, 2011
    Why is there no canned LID Instinct? Why do they use rabbit imported from China? (I know, it's cheaper, but stil...) Thanks!
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 6 December, 2011
    With regard to the coconut oil, I believe it's to avoid fish oil since it's a limited ingredient diet and fish is an allergen for many cats. Our holistic pet store recommended coconut oil for BK when I was scared to give him fish oil. However, I have since learned that just because a cat is allergic to fish, he's unlikely to be allergic to fish oil. So it probably doesn't matter, but if you're not sure and see fish on the label (in any form) you might get scared off. Just my guess.
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 7 December, 2011
    Why don't they have a non-poultry limited ingredient food? The "rabbit meal formula" food contains both chicken and fish (both of which my cat can't have) when their "rabbit" dog food does not.
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 8 December, 2011
    thanks BK did not think of that. Maizy just will not eat all wet, so I try to find the very best dry for her, and I got some rabbit, but had wondered about that coconut oil.
  • Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 8 December, 2011
    Well I only got to meet the "Ad" people. They were wanting us to read ads for print campaign and I heard a few radio ads too. I was hoping for samples of the new treats I so wanted the venison one. I think the question about the rabbit was because of the cost of the rabbit. Since the protein amount is higher in the feline kibble, they use other cheaper proteins to get those higher numbers. Rabbit must be popular since they now have a shortage of this product.