When will my babies arrive??

Tina FurlotteTina Furlotte TorontoMember Posts: 1,273
edited 16 February, 2012 in Kitten Corner
Hi Everyone My name is Skie and I am approx 1 year old and VERY pregnant. My foster mommy saved me from a shelter threw a rescue agency. The people at the pound said they were not really sure when I was due but by the size of me it wont be to long. My foster mommy has fostered 5 mama's in the past few years for rescues but each time seems to be the first,mol. She wants to make sure that she is around when I give birth just in case of a emergancy but she says I keep tricking her by showing signs of early labour one min then I am fine the next. If you can help her by maybe telling her signs to look for? that would be great. Thank you Skyie S

Comments

• Mary DubuissonMary Dubuisson Member Posts: 296
    edited 16 February, 2012
    I've been through a litter myself, and Momma has dealt with others as well. Momma found this site and thought it would be helpful for you. http://www.2ndchance.info/felinelabor.htm If you have a box or closet that is darker, that would probably be the best place to encourage your rescue to have her babies. The last litter momma dealt with was born in the bottom of her closet, with one of the two doors shut to give the mom and babies privacy. Let her deliver them on her own unless you see she's having difficulty. If any of them come out not breathing, and don't breathe after being cleaned off, you can try wrapping them in a towel and rubbing them to see if you can get them living. Its done the trick for two that have come through momma's care. Momma has also nursed orphaned kittens as well, hopefully you won't have to go through that, but if you do, feel free to send PMs with any questions you have. (I'll be happy to guide you through it if you need me to! Usually the mother does a good enough job handling it though.)