I have been in touch with a breeder (Maine Coon) for several months. I love her kittens - they are beautiful!
Her momcat just had a litter last Thurs and the breeder e-mailed me that she had one red kitten (I like the orangies) and said if I wanted the kitten she requires a $100 deposit to hold the kitten for me.
I messaged her back and said I would be happy to send the deposit, but until I "met" the kitten I couldn't make a decision.
She in turn messaged me and said she would not accept my deposit unless I committed to taking the kitten first.
I know some people "buy" kittens and have them shipped to them sight unseen, but is this normal protocol?
I feel uncertain about what to do.