Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Catster Life

Stephanie McNeillStephanie McNeill Member Posts: 2,808
My Meowmy is thinking of starting a magazine called "Catster Life". It will be about the latest mews and MOLs on Catster, what's happening in the groups, games to pawlay, Catsters in the Spotlight, funny or kewt pictures and videos, book reviews, true cat stories, and lots of fun! If you want to help with things fur the magazine (such as articles, pictures, profiles, or just tips on good webpages) or you just think this is a good idea and want to offer a purr of encouragement (always appreciated!), pawlease post here and let us know what you think. =; P.S. I won't need to contact Catster HQ about any of this, will I? I mean, it's not really that big and it'll have some stuff in it that's NOT from Catster. What do you think? :?

Comments

• Laura CantuLaura Cantu PasadenaMember Posts: 58,782
    edited 23 July, 2012
    That sounds like a cute idea. Are you keeping it here on caster? If not then you might have a problem using the caster name and contents outside of caster. Good luck. :^:
  • Mietzi_KatzeMietzi_Katze IowaMember Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 July, 2012
    Samson, I really like the idea. Fun and cute stuff is always appreciated. I'm not clear about the technical details. Are you posting your magazine in your diary or in a group that you're making or are you planning to have it on a blog or send it to furs with email? Sorry about all the questions, just thinking here :-k I'm pretty sure that Catster owns the content here. But if you read something interesting in a furs diary, I think you can repost it somewhere on Catster. Might want to send the author a quick pawmail checking if they mind if you use their story... Purrsonally I am not friends with all cats here and I don't read all diaries. So it would be interesting to read about other furs. About their lives, adventures, maybe health tips, challenges they have overcome, cute and funny things they have written.
  • Stephanie McNeillStephanie McNeill Member Posts: 2,808
    edited 24 July, 2012
    Okay, so I won't reprint articles on Catster... except maybe link to a few funny photos or videos. Have you seen the one of the kitty "walking" her owner? MOL` :))! I was going to start a group fur it, only Catster's got fleas big time at the moment so I can't create any groups right now. Otherwise I would have the magazine in a group. Maybe I could upload it to Scribd and just link to it here?? I was thinking of reading diaries, especially the DOTD and DDPs, and requesting the furs' permissions to reprint any funny or educational or thought-provoking stuff they have written. I would also have a thing about what's going on in some of the more popular groups, any breaking news from any furs, etc. Anything of interest, basically, with maybe some links to Catster articles and MOLz. Any thoughts? :-k
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 24 July, 2012
    Hi Samson is unds like such acue idea!!:):)
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 July, 2012
    Actually it does sound like a really good idea especially for new kitties to know were the parties are or what groups are having fun. You could do a write up on a feature group. Also our cartoons, what's been happening for the last week, what diaries were featured for the week gone, the Cats of the day and the week. I know Catster has them on the front page but if you don't check in everyday you may miss them. I think it'll be a great idea. Maybe Catster could make a thread just for you. But I have to admit there is a lot of work involved in it. It'll be almost like a full time job with no pay.:-/
  • Stephanie McNeillStephanie McNeill Member Posts: 2,808
    edited 26 July, 2012
    Okay, since I STILL can't create a new group, I have decided to recycle one I already have which has had no activity since I started it awhile ago. Catster Life Raza, those are some good ideas! =; I was thinking sort of along those lines myself, but I hadn't got it quite straight in my head it will be a lot of work and writing, but if anyfur wants to help me, I will reward them with rosies and stars and maybe zealies... :-k I hate to bother HQ even more than I am, cause I know a lot of other furs are contacting them about various glitches malfunctions. At the moment I'm having trouble with Catster not realizing I'm an admin in one of the groups and not letting me into one of the admin tools! *sigh* :-/ Any more ideas, anyfur? I will add threads to the group as I think of them.