Shadow crossed the bridge today......

Rob ChapmanRob Chapman Member Posts: 8
edited 27 August, 2013 in Senior Cats
My 15 year old senior Shadow passed away late this afternoon. I still remember the day I picked her up at the pet store back in 1998. I'm really going to miss her.

Comments

• Diane AndersonDiane Anderson Member Posts: 47
    edited 19 July, 2013
    You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies. It is a day we all dread but know is inevitable. Your home and your heart will feel this loss for a very, very long time. |:|
  • Lee Ann KoffinasLee Ann Koffinas OrlandoMember Posts: 346
    edited 19 July, 2013
    :( So sorry for your loss. Try to remember the fun times and goofy, silly or crazy things your kitty did, keeping the funny memories alive and thinking about them has always helped me. And telling those stories to family and friends. Shadow is running free like a kitten now, and no more pain. Hugs.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 21 July, 2013
    Well loved and remembered; this is a sad day. Not so many people 'get it"about kitty friends....tears
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    edited 22 July, 2013
    It's Stella. Perhaps Shadow will meet our Delyte wandering around on the Bridge after crossing the next day, and they can run free and happy together. He was here 18 years after our person found him in the library parking lot, and she misses him terribly. It is the hardest thing to do to lose your longtime companion. We wish that kitties lived as long as people. Saddest purrs to Shadow's people from all of the Grays ... |:|
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 22 July, 2013
    Sending our condolences for your loss. It surely is never an easy thing to lose a treasured friend. |/a/|
  • Brenda GrabBrenda Grab MadisonMember Posts: 606 ✭✭
    edited 22 July, 2013
    So sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathies to you. Remember the special times with Shadow. |:||:||:|
  • Rob ChapmanRob Chapman Member Posts: 8
    edited 23 July, 2013
    Thanks everyone. Just as I was trying to accept that Shadow is gone, something else terrible has happened. This morning, my 3 year old Misschief aka Little Miss, died. I've lost 2 over the course of 5 days. I just want everyone to know their passing so close together was a horrible coincidence & the causes were unrelated. I can smile knowing that they are now together after being apart for 4 days & that they will never be separated again.
  • Diane AndersonDiane Anderson Member Posts: 47
    edited 23 July, 2013
    A cruel and devastating week indeed. In 2007 both of our boys died 3 weeks apart. It was a very sad, lonely house for over a year. I couldnt bear to get another pet. Sometimes it seems as though the tears will never stop and sometimes they dont. |:|
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    edited 30 July, 2013
    Sending you and Shadow so many HUGS!!|:||:|
  • BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 July, 2013
    Oh no...we feel for you now more than ever. To have one leave and then another is so terrible. May they meet and help you through this difficult time. They always take a little bit of ourselves with them. It is hard to mend that hole in our heart. so sorry and we are here for you..... condolesences.....
  • Rob ChapmanRob Chapman Member Posts: 8
    edited 26 August, 2013
    Today, August 26, Shadow's daughter Spaz crossed the bridge after a long battle with cryptococcosis, just 3 weeks after her 14th birthday. She appeared to be improving a few days ago, but her condition quickly deteriorated yesterday. She died peacefully in her sleep. Mother & daughter are now reunited over the bridge.
  • Keri LewisKeri Lewis Member Posts: 113
    edited 27 August, 2013
    Mom of Pickles and Cinders here. Sooo sorry for your losses! We recently lost our dear Cinders to cancer in May.....You are in my thoughts and prayers. |/a/|