FOOTBALL !! 2013 Season !!

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 3 February, 2014 in What I Love About Catster
Hall-Of-Fame-Game,Sunday-August-4-8PM-EST.%:D%:-h;c;~a~ Miami-at-Dallas I-know-Pepper-does-the-Pre-Season-pool-too,but-until-she-gets-on-here,LOL,I-will-start-the-voting,LOL.:-h Bump-Dallas Cruiser-Dallas and,Cowboy-has-to-take-Dallas,cause...he-was-named-after-them,LOL.:))! We-gonna-have-a-preseason-tailgate-party,to-kickoff-the-football-season?=;

Comments

• Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 31 July, 2013
    Hi Cowboy! :-h
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Hey-Gimli!!:-h Tell-Sundance-if-he-wants-to-play,he-has-to-wear-a-football-hat,no-sissy-winter-hats,real-red-kitties,doesn't-wear-them,LOL.:)):))!=;
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Yo, Cowboy :-h You're just jealous 'cause you don't have a winter hat. I don't see you "wearing" your helmut! :-$ Anyway, naturally the S Team picks Dallas to win. ;c;;c;;c;;c; P.S. Pepper asked me to change this thread's title so Catsters know it's the football pool. She's still having computer problems and her cell phone doesn't work well in Catsters' forums. You don't want to ruffle the fur of a tortie! :h:
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Hi everyfur!:-h Yes, it is that time again! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; Miami Dolphins @ Dallas Cowboys 8 pm eastern on NBC Of course ...Dallas
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Rules of Play: We will post our picks here on the forum **(this is to help in case help is needed for stats as life can get in the way) Again (see note above) I will take the percentage of games played vs games won. In this way if you have a "bye" week or so of your own it does not count against you. (As we all know our humans are forgetful at times...mine included) You have until the first half of the games to get your picks in.(yes sometimes humans must see it to believe it or remember) Pick your favorite team. Even if you do not play a week your stat will be entered for your team. Plus a bonus if you make it through the play offs and super bowl. -------------------- Preseason will be played on it's own. Stats will not effect regular season. A gift will be given to the overall winner(s). Regular season will be played and a gift given for: Overall winner(s) "Home" team(s) that make it to the playoffs Playoffs will be played on it's own. Fresh stats. Gifts will be given for: Overall winner(s) "Home" team(s) that won the playoffs Superbowl: Gift for: Winner(s) "Home" team winner (s) Additional gift if a purr at the beginning of the season wants to pick the Super bowl teams to play. Example: Dallas Cowboys vs Houston Texans for the Super Bowl (yes this is a dream super bowl in this household) Any questions? Did I forget anything? Is this OK with everyone?
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Home team for Pepper: New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Pick: New Orleans Saints vs Houston Texans Geaux Saints;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Thank you Cowboy for starting our Football Forum. Thank you Sundance for changing our Forum title. We can do a preseason pawty for the Hall of Fame game. I will have to be in and out as it is my Daddy's birthday. I will get the Chevy loaded up and ready! I am going to send out notices that we are opened and ready to go! I have my list from last years players and hopefully everyone will come back and play. BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!~a~
  • Diane MoeDiane Moe NorthfieldMember Posts: 4,004 ✭✭
    edited 1 August, 2013
    Home team for Wiggy: Chicago Bears Super Bowl Pick: Chicago Bears and New Orlean Saints (though I'm pretty sure Da Bears won't be in the Super Bowl). MOL!!!!!
    edited 2 August, 2013
    LOL!:)) Not-a-prob,changing-the-title,just-tryin-to-get-Pepper's-bee-hind,kickstarted,LOL,especially,since-it-is-Dallas,that-is-playing,LOL.:))! Those-"Nor-leans"-kitties-can't-handle-the-stress,LOL,LOL,LOL.:-O Texas-kitties-is-tough.=; Sundance,red-kitties,ain't-supposed-to-be-wearin'-no-sissy-winter-hats,LOL.:)):-h Even-tho-its-a-pre-season-game,its-pay-back-for-the-Blizzard-Bowl,some-call-it-the-Leon-Lett-Bowl.TG-day,in-Dallas,it-was-a-free-kin-blizzard,yes,it-snows-in-Dallas.About-30-seconds-left,Miami-lines-up-for-a-FG-to-win-it,Dallas-blocks-it,yipppeee-Dallas-wins. But-wait......oh-heck-no.....Leon-Lett,trys-to-recover-the-ball,which-he-didn't-even-need-to-touch,Dallas-would-get-the-ball-at-the-spot-of-the-FG-try.He-recovers-the-ball,then-slips-in-the-snow,and-fumbles-it.OH-CRAP.Miami-recovers-the-ball,they-get-another-try-at-a-FG,this-time-its-good.Miami-won. I-had-spent-all-day-in-a-cold-barn,with-a-coliced-horse,walked-in-the-house,just-in-time-to-see-that. Hopefully,it-won't-snow-in-Dallas,on-Sunday.=; Home-team-Dallas-Cowboys Super-Bowl-Dallas-vs-haven't-decided-yet,LOL.:)) What-time-ya-want-to-start-the-tailgate-party?|:|
    edited 2 August, 2013
    Hi-Aunty-Pepper!:-h I-missed-you,during-the-off-season,seems-like-yesterday,we-was-at-the-Super-Bowl.~a~ ((((((((((((BIG-HUGS)))))))))))))|:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:| I-was-thinking,since-its-the-preseason,we-could-keep-it-simple,and-fun.;c; How-about-cheese-burgers,hot-dogs,sausage,beer-for-the-adult-kitties,leamonaid-for-the-youngsters,potato-chips-and-dip,cheese,pepparoni,maybe-that-bread-bowl,with-the-really-good-dip. What-do-you-think?Can-you-think-of-anything-else? We-could-save-the-big-party,for-the-kick-off-of-the-regular-season,which.....just-happens-to-be-Dallas-vs-the-G-men. your-little-buddy Cruiser :xo:
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 3 August, 2013
    Hi everybody! Ahhh, the anticipation of a new football season! Again this year, I have chosen San Fransisco 49ers as my home team in honor of the Fiends. For tomorrow's game, I'm rooting for Dallas, mostly because I don't know a thing about the Miami team. Go with what you kinda know, I always say. MOL!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 4 August, 2013
    *waves to everycat* Hope we are not too late, but if we are, it is normal, no? For me (Cole) and Jacques and Miss Snug: Home Team: S.F. Forty Niners Sunday's Game: Dolphins (we like fishies) Super Bowl... are you kidding? Now? You want an answer now? 49'ers v. somebody. ta love you all
    edited 4 August, 2013
    If-its-OK-with-Pepper..... Cowboy-will-sponcer-a-trophy,for-the-winner-who-correctly,picks-the-teams-in: The-NFC-Divisional-Game The-AFC-Divisional-Game 2-seperate-trophies,one-for-NFC,one-for-AFC,or-somebody-could-win-them-both. You-have-until-the-start-of-the-season,to-pick-the-teams.;c;~a~:-h=; NFC Cowboy-Dallas-vs-San-Francisco Cruiser-Dallas-vs-San-Francisco Bump-Dallas-vs-San-Francisoco AFC-haven't-decided-yet
    edited 4 August, 2013
    *Cruiser-gots-the-grill-pumping,chicken-breasts,hamburgers,hotdogs-sausages,a-cookin* *Cowboy-sets-up-the-tables-and-chairs,and-sets-out-the-chips,crackers,pepperoni,cheese-and-dips.* *Today-is-Smokey's-birthday,she-is-9-yrs-old-today!!* **In-honor-of-her-birthday,we-will-be-having-chocolate-cake-and-ice-cream,all-3-flavors.** ***Because-Cowboy-and-Cruiser-always-request-it,we-will-be-having-some-samores,LOL,hope-Pepper-remembers-the-bibs-and-baby-wipes,for-messy-faces-and-paws,LOL.*** Are-ya-ready-for-some-footyball!!!!!~a~;c;%:D%;P:P=;
    edited 4 August, 2013
    ;c;;c;;c;~a~FOOTBALL~a~;c;;c;;c; :c9 |bb||bb|;P:P|bb||bb| Happy Birthday to Smokey Happy Birthday my Daddy And belated Happy Birthday to Miss Sophie *unloads a platter of shrimp, crab fingers, and dip, s'mores makings, bibs, kitten wipes (large) and coolers of beverages. (kitten and adult)* Hi y'all!:-h|:|
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Hi-Aunty-Pepper!!!!!:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h I-really-missed-you.|:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:| We-gots-volley-ball-set-up,and-a-kitten-tenty,with-disney-movies,and-sleeping-bags,for-kittens. :-h=;:xo:
    edited 4 August, 2013
    NFC: New Orleans Saints vs Dallas Cowboys AFC: Houston Texans vs New England Patriots Not that I even expect this to happen but it would give me my super bowl of New Orleans vs Houston.
    edited 4 August, 2013
    I missed you my ummmm "little" Sweetheart!|:||:||:||:|
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Dallas-plays-New-Orleans,at-New-Orleans,on-Nov-10-Sunday-night-game.=; Zelia-bet,winner-picks-and-the-inscription-they-want?;c;~a~=;
    edited 4 August, 2013
    The bet is on!:B
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Miss-Pepper,does-ya-wants-to-know,what-your-little-darling-Cruiser-did-last-night? He-was-a-very-baddy-boy.:-O I,of-course,was-totally-innocent,LOL.:))
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Neither of you boys could possibly be bad!:-k
    edited 4 August, 2013
    We-was-running-thru-the-house-at-warp-speed,like-crazy-boys,as-we-does-every-night,LOL. Your-darling-little-Cruiser,jumped-onto-the-top-of-the-big-screen=TV-and-knocked-it-on-the-floor,caaaaa-rash.:-O
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Oh my!:-O No one was hurt were they? *Checks kittens over closely* My poor baby you must have been so scared!|:|
    edited 4 August, 2013
    *whisper, whisper* Oh sorry :r is the tv ok?
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Very-thankful,it-didn't-fall-on-anybody,phew.....and-Cruiser-jumped-off,as-it-went-down,so-he-didn't-go-down-with-it. TV,is-OK-too,just-pulled-the-power-cord-out,thankfully,it-wasn't-permantantly-attached. Lot-of-starters-not-playing-tonight.Prob-good-thing,don't-need-somebody-getting-hurt,in-a-pre-season-game.And-gives-the-backups-alot-of-playing-time. Hey,what-the-heck-is-up-with-this-AT&T-Stadium????????:-O Made-me-sick.:? Never-thought-Jerry-would-cop-to-that.:((
    edited 4 August, 2013
    He either already had a contract with them or needs the operations money
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Ever-been-to-Canton? I-made-it-once,saw-the-stadium,its-real-small,reminds-me-of-a-high-school-stadium. :-h
    edited 4 August, 2013
    Not yet. On my to-do list
    edited 4 August, 2013
    We were only about 40 miles from new Cowboy stadium and didn't go, either Daddy was working and no time or laid off and did not want to spend the money. Gimli's been to it.