Will she ever adjust?

Jason YoungbergJason Youngberg WheatonMember Posts: 251
edited 15 September, 2013 in Behavior & Training
Last month I took in a cat who needed to be rehomed. Her name is Jo-Jo and she was originally adopted at 8 weeks and was a single cat. Now she has to share a home with my other two female cats Lena and Pepi. Things are OK with Lena, but Pepi thinks she has a new friend. She loves to be in Jo-Jo's room and sit in a chair while Jo-Jo is in her crate. When she does come out she growls and hisses at Pepi. Pepi has been known to be an annoying pain at times so I'm not sure if she's intentionally giving JoJo a bad time or if she's just being herself and likes being near JoJo. But about every day I hear JoJo make cat-fighting sounds when Pepi gets too close. It doesn't last long and Pepi leaves soon enough. This is wearing me down. I'm not sure if Pepi will ever learn to leave JoJo alone or if JoJo will ever learn to live with other cats. I hope it's the latter because "her" room heats up too much and I'd like to close it off. More importantly I want JoJo to feel free to move about her own freely and not worry about the other cats.