where do you sleep at night?

jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
edited 19 May, 2006 in What I Love About Catster
i sleep in my little green basket or on my mommys bed right by her side.

Comments

• Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I try to sleep on my Mom's head, after being kicked off the bed 4 or 5 times I will finally settle on sleeping next to mom on a pillow. When she is finally nice & cozy and in a deep sleep I try to sneak onto her tummy which ends up with me getting kicked off the bed once again . If Mom would just let me sleep on her head, we would be getting a lot more sleep around here.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    When Mommy gets tucked into bed and I am done using her body as my personal kitty jungle gym (Love the what's under the blanket game!) I finally settle into the black leather chair for my night of slumber. Purrrrr.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I never sleep in the same spot. I grew up an apartment cat, now that I am in a big house I take advantage of every room I can.
  • Cheryl SimsCheryl Sims DallasMember Posts: 869
    edited 27 February, 2006
    On top of mom if it is cool or if it is warm on her pillow next to her head.
  • Brian McFarlandBrian McFarland DelawareMember Posts: 24
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep on the bed at Bryanne's feet. Congo is usually right next to me...Now that Bryanne is away for the summer Congo sleeps right next to Brian's head...
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Amber, why are we not furry friends, we have so much in common?
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, that kind of depends. I ALWAYS sleep with my mommy, I love to crawl under the blankets and snuggle up with my nose in the crook of her elbow. If it gets hot, I'll sleep on her legs. Mommy's bedroom is MY territory, if my sister the Beast tries to come in I'll just chase her out. So when mommy sleeps in the bedroom, it's just me and her all night. I love that. : ) The trouble is, lately mommy has developed the habit of falling asleep on the futon in the living room while looking at the box with the flashing lights. When she does that, I wind up having to share her with the Beast. We will lie on either side of her so that she can't roll over. That is kind of fun but I'd still rather not share. ;-)
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh Arthur -- you do it, too... when you get the mother in the middle and she can't move, it is sooo fun. For Us, anyway. It's called the Cat Sandwich move!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Arthur, my Mommy does that, too! I wish she wouldn't, 'cause I like to sleep with both her and and Daddy, squished right in the middle. But now that I have a new sister (Miranda), maybe we can squish Mommy now! That way Miranda could be good for something.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, yes -- everyone must try doing a cat sandwich! Sleeping on the cat mother's neck or chest is very nice, too. But I did it once and she started yelling and thrashing and woke up all upset and she said she was having a nightmare that she was being strangled!! I didn't mean it...
  • Lynzie BaldwinLynzie Baldwin Los AngelesMember Posts: 660
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Cat sandwich! That's a great name for it! :) My canine brother Sterling and I make a dog/cat sandwich out of Mom. We both sleep under the blankets ... just on opposite sides of Mom, so that we can each pretend that the other one isn't really there. :) Topaz, my kitty sister, sleeps on the pillow next to Mom's head.
  • Charlene DitnerCharlene Ditner FormosaMember Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I fall asleep in my basket, but half way through the night I'll crawl in beside mommy and share her pillow. Sometimes daddy will roll over and squish me and then mommy pushes daddy away from me. Guess she'd rather sleep beside me!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, Mugsy-- cute! Sometimes I go to another room to sleep because Selket and the cat mother snore sooo bad that with the two of them I can't stand it! Selket's Big Brother Vijay who went to Kitty Heaven would go under the covers, and when the cat mother woke up, he would have his head next to hers and his arm/paw around her!
  • Tracy HowellTracy Howell ScottsdaleMember Posts: 529
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy sleeps on her side and I cuddle her between her tummy and her neck. She sleeps with her arm around me. I love mommy!
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Nigel, Kahlan and I sleep in the bed with our humans. Aphrodite sleeps either under the bed or on the top shelf in the bedroom closet. Isis sleeps in the kitty tower in the second bedroom.
  • Tara ScarlettTara Scarlett RaynhamMember Posts: 196
    edited 27 February, 2006
    anywhere I please... but mostly on the computer chair. I like to say "preow reow reow prrrp?" to Mommy and Daddy if they get up durring the night to go to the bathroom, so I like the computer chair because it's right next to the bathroom door.
  • Tracy HowellTracy Howell ScottsdaleMember Posts: 529
    edited 27 February, 2006
    When mom was a teenager (she's in her 20s now) I would go to bed early with her. Then when her older sister who stayed out later would come home I would go get in bed with her for a few hours. Then I would crawl back in with mommy before she woke up. She always knew I didn't spend the whole night cause I'd smell like her sister's perfume. I loved both my girls!!! Momma only caught me "sneeking back" once.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Kitty, I used to do this, too! Mommy would allow it, but now I'm up in years (17) and can't jump up onto the water bed anymore. Daddy made me a ramp but I'm afraid...I mostly sleep on the couch right near their bedroom. Mylo and Gysmo sleep on the bed.
  • Kristen CrainKristen Crain TalkeetnaMember Posts: 1,501
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sleep at night? I'm more of a nocturnal cat. I sometimes go visit my slave and sleep with her in the morning. At night I'll occasionally go visit her and cuddle up and demand to be petted. I take long naps in my chair and my slave's bed during the day.
  • Christina WilsonChristina Wilson Carson city/Dayton, NevadaMember Posts: 924
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep on my mommas bed either wiht my head next to hers and my nose on her earlobe or i crawl under the covers and sunggle reall close next to her
  • Meg HarsenMeg Harsen ClarkstonMember Posts: 42
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I wait for my mommy to get home she works 3rd shift I try to stay awake I nap but I am always awake when mommy get home : )
  • lynn spicerlynn spicer marysvilleMember Posts: 271
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Let's be real here. I sleep wherever I want. Most often it's right smack dab in the middle of Mom & Dad's bed or, if they won't stay over on the edges, I'll get up and move to Joose's big cage -- I like it there, too. There's a nice cushion of blankies. Carmen always sleeps on Mom's pillow, right by her head. Calvin's more nocturnal than the rest of us -- who knows where he sleeps.
  • Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I've got my routine sleeping places - in the late morning to noon I sleep in Daddy Crab's chair (until he dumps me out of it). Then I move to mom's side of the bed, top of the quilt, just snuggled below her pillow for my afternoon snooze. At night I like to snuggle next to mom's side in bed while she sleeps (for an hour) and snooze and then I hop down and prowl around. I usually come back to mom in the early morning hours and snuggle down again (or bug her to get up - she shoos me).
  • Cat ManduCat Mandu HamiltonMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    WE FOUND CATS,GET HALF OUR KING SIZED BED,OUR DAD,GETS THE OTHER HALF,COMMUNITY PROPERTY,SO TO SPEAK. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture276.jpg[/IMG]
  • Daisy GeaslandDaisy Geasland GlendaleMember Posts: 1,438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love sleeping on my mum's bed just next to her while using her head as a pillow and I cuddle her aswell. My mummy spoils me she lets me sleep where ever I want aslong as I rember not to chew her when i'm hungary or use her as a scratching post to relax.
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfMember Posts: 63,337
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am mainly an indoor cat, but I do sleep outdoors on the back patio, in a special kitty bed just for me! :-)
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    In a cat bed right next to my Warm's head. Everynight.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    With the cat mother. Take turns who sleeps next to her head, who gets side and who gets feet.
  • Tina MillicanTina Millican Pell CityMember Posts: 12,008
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Usually either on Mom's head, neck, or face, but sometimes I have to settle for against one of the above if Mom is in the breathing mood and makes me, hehe. Love and Purrs, The Wild Child
  • Robyn LesoskyRobyn Lesosky CincinnatiMember Posts: 5,076
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep with mom. First I start out cuddling with dad, but by the end of the night I'm sleeping on one of mom's pillows and sometimes when she wakes up in the mornings I'm right on top of her!