where do you sleep at night?

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    When I was little I slept between Mom and Dad up by their heads. Now I sleep between their feet. I don't like to be under the covers, though.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sleep with humans?! Never! I do, however, sleep on a low shelf in their bedroom closet. I'm close, but they don't roll over on me!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to sleep at the foot of the bed between mom's feet. She usually puts her robe there before she goes to sleep and it is so snuggly.
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep pressed up against mom. Sometime I start out under the covers but usually end up by the pillows. She says I take up her whole bed but I say she takes up mine.
  • Giniene RaymondGiniene Raymond FultonvilleMember Posts: 673
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I used to sleep with mom and dad, then those little vixens Alexis and Charlotte came to live and sleep with us. Now I sleep under the bed, I refuse to sleep with them!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep between my mom's legs, no wonder she wakes up with a backache every morning *tee hee*!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Daphne and I fight to get between mom's legs first, of course, after we play the "blanket game" with mom's feet for a few minutes first. Usually Daph is in between mom's legs (she's bossy) and I am on the outside of one of her legs!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I usually sleep at the bottom of mom and dad's bed, away from Daphne and Lexie. But at 4 or 5 in the morning, I start climbing on mom's headboard and scratch my claws like nails on a blackboard. It is such an easy way to get her out of bed and pay attention to me!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep under the covers plastered up against Warm\'s side - everynight.
  • Jill ThomasJill Thomas SomervilleMember Posts: 10,370
    edited 27 February, 2006
    During the day, I like to sleep on my favorite chenille pillow at the foot of the bed. At night though, I curl up with mommy IN bed. Mom sleeps on her side, and I like to sleep in the little crook between her knees and tummy. Dale gets up before Mom, so I like to wake up just before him and nap on his chest - that way, when he wakes up, he'll scratch my back every morning!
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I sleep on a kitty warming pad on mommy's bed.
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I start out snuggling with Velvet but by morning I'm usually sleeping under the covers curled up with mommy. Sometimes it's in the crook behind her knees, sometimes it's with my head on her arm. I wake her up with kitty kisses.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We've had some changes to our sleeping arrangements since the foster brat, Ben, came to live with us. At night, he gets very rambunctious and wants to play-fight with Arthur and me all the time. We don't like that very much. So mommy's been taking me and Arthur into the bedroom and closing the door so Ben has to stay in the living room. It's much nicer that way! We get a break from Ben, and get some quality time with our mommy. Arthur always snuggles close to our mommy, and I usually sleep either at the foot of the bed or in the top drawer of mommy's dresser, where she made me a little bed of my own. :-)
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    I tend to sleep either in the linen closet, on the top perch of my cat tree or the couch. If there happens to be a box around, I'll gladly sleep in that for the night too.
  • Jane HopkeJane Hopke MiddletownMember Posts: 1,033
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sugar Baby usually sleeps on Mommy's chair in her office and I usually sleep on the foot of Mommy's bed. Mommy usually sleeps all curled up (which makes me think that she's just an overgrown cat), so it gives me plenty of room without worrying about getting kicked off the bed.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    I either sleep on the bed with mommy or in the computer chair.
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I usually sleep with Mommy ... on top of the comforter either up against her legs or snuggled against her back. I'm also the designated alarm clock. I scratch at her back to wake her up. hehe
  • Katie WalterKatie Walter HoltMember Posts: 2,808
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I lay on my dad, on the king sized bed.
  • Katie WalterKatie Walter HoltMember Posts: 2,808
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I usually sleep on mommy's feet on the king sized bed. :)
  • Kathy DaumerKathy Daumer FrederickMember Posts: 6
    edited 28 February, 2006
    I am totally excited because I just discovered something new about sleeping. I have always allowed my human to share the big bed with me, and I used to sleep on top of the blankets. But after a year and a half of this, it suddenly occurred to me that I could also go *under* the blankets. Now I go there all of the time. My human is learning that she needs to give me room under there, and I try not to roll on top of her and squish her, but it can get tricky. So if I feel she's too close to me, I just send her a warning meow, and that helps.
  • rhonda marcelissenrhonda marcelissen Member Posts: 139
    edited 28 February, 2006
    Sleep? What\'s that? Most nights I wander around, play with my toys, chase the other cats and sleep in between. Night time is fun time for me! Meeeeeeeeeeow!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 1 March, 2006
    Well looks like we have something in common then Simba. *chuckles*
  • Tracy HowellTracy Howell ScottsdaleMember Posts: 529
    edited 5 March, 2006
    I sleep at the top of my kitty condo in the living room. Its nice and quiet and I can run around the house if I get bored and come back to it.
    edited 6 March, 2006
    Hey Pokey m'man - I sleep in my cat condo too.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 18 March, 2006
    Last night, I was bugging my Mommy by the way I was sleeping. I was on her one shoulder, but I had my butt in her face, one back paw (the ones with claws!) on her windpipe, and the other one twoard the back of her neck, and my head was by her tummy! She would have loved it, except for the claws in her neck.
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 18 March, 2006
    It depends. I have never been a big fan of kitty beds or condos or anything like that. I prefer human places. Sometimes I sleep on one of the big livingroom chairs until very early in the morning when I go in to wake the human. Sometimes she brings me into the bedroom at night, and I sleep on one side of the bed and she sleeps on the other, or I'll sleep on the pillow next to or above her head. I never sleep under the covers or nestled against her -- I'd rather sleep on whatever part of her is facing up. That makes it reeeeeeally easy for her to shut off the alarm clock. *heehee hee* She calls it "kitty surfing" or "hang 20."
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 18 March, 2006
    I sleep with mom and Misty on our bed.
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 28 March, 2006
    Oh, Hattie-- I am just like you! Lately, Jacques has joined me, and we sleep on the cat mother's chest or around her neck! One time she had a dream that she couldn't move or get up. Well of course she couldn't. She had 20 pounds of cat on her chest! Lucky for us she woke up laughing when she figured it out. p.s. Vijay doesn't really sleep.
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 28 March, 2006
    I like to sleep up on the tippy top of the booksehlves under the warm lights....Then, when Mom gets in bed and turns out the light.....zoom! I jump down onto the pillow right next to her head. Sometimes I miss too. MOL.
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 28 March, 2006
    I sleep next to Mommy when she sleeps in her bed. If she sleeps on the couch, I go somewhere else. I'll sleep on her legs for a bit, but she is too squirmy!