Wife brought home kitten

Wilson WilsonWilson Wilson Member Posts: 2
edited 19 August, 2014 in Kitten Corner
My wife brought home a kitten for our kids. We have talked about it as a family numerous times and she knows that I do not want any pets for many valid reasons. Without me knowing, she told our kids that I was going to be very mad and that I would get over it. Now I have a major problem and it's not just the cat. She taught our kids at a young age that only one yes from one of us is OK. I told her that she needs to undo this situation to reestablish a united parenting approach since my authority as a father was seriously compromised. If she doesn't return the kitten, I will unnecessarily become more the bad one for doing it myself but either way I was put in a terrible situation.

Comments

• Robson KittyRobson Kitty Member Posts: 1
    edited 17 August, 2014
    Is this a new bike you're talking about? Or a mobile phone? You don't just get a living creature and return it as if it's a possession just to prove a point to your wife or teach your kids lessons. You might be better off keeping the kitten and teaching your kids about how to care for animals, watch them grow, train them and a bit of responsibility. On second thoughts I think this kitten would be better off elsewhere....all you are doing is teaching them that animals are disposable and replaceable. So are husbands!
  • Arlye DruryArlye Drury DartmouthMember Posts: 826
    edited 19 August, 2014
    Sorry 2nd poster you are out of line with your response. In every household each responsible adult has a right to say what may or may not be a part of the family. Unfortunately the first poster is stuck being the "BAD GUY". It is sad that the children and the kitten are going to be hurt because it sounds like the kitten will not stay in this family very long. Please people -THINK - before you bring a animal into a family situation without talking to your partner first. That's all I will say about this sad situation. Huggs, Purrcy