Are our cats not getting enough exercise?

Brittany SilvernailBrittany Silvernail LaytonMember Posts: 44
edited 24 September, 2014 in Cat Health
I wasn't sure how to 'title' my topic or rather how to word it. Anyway- I've noticed our cats are getting kinda lazy. They rough house with each other and get plenty of attention from us, family and friends. But I worry that when we're both at work during the week (my hubby works Mon-Fri; me Tues-Thurs, both 9a-5:30,6pm), they aren't getting enough exercise. And when I'm home on Mon&Fri they don't seem interested in playing or being active. Also, I feel like they're eating too much. The reason is, we have two food and water dish 'sets' (food and water combined dish) and before we had one out for them to share but we had 'hogging' issues and we now have a dish for each of them (which works better). But now I'm worried they aren't getting enough exercise in during the day to balance amount of food they eat. Does anyone have advice or suggestions on toys, or things that would be helpful? Thanks! :)