Help! PetLac Powder Refrigeration

Rory O'BrienRory O'Brien Member Posts: 4
edited 18 November, 2014 in Kitten Corner
I did not realize the PetLac powder needed to be refrigerated. I opened it around 7pm last night, so it went unrefrigerated for 19-20 hours. Has the unmixed powder spoiled? :(

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 November, 2014
    That's a good question! I would guess that as long as the room temperature wasn't really hot, it's probably ok. But that's just a guess. I'd definitely call the manufacturer and see if they can give you any advice as far as how long you can leave it out before it would spoil. I looked on their website and it lists their Customer Services number as 1-800-323-6878. There website also links to the FDA product safety information, but the answers there are kind of vague: http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm217650.htm Let us know how it goes! |^|