First kitten in 8 years!

JoNea SwatsworthJoNea Swatsworth Member Posts: 2
edited 19 December, 2014 in Kitten Corner
It's taken me 8 years but I have finally gotten another kitten! First off, I'm not an actual fan of kittens, Sully was born here, his mother is a Siamese mix 'Porch cat'. Sully was one of 8 which later turned to 7 with the death of the runt that was just a touch bigger than a peanut. Sully was born with a silver body that has slowly turned black but is still covered in silver specks. After the tragic death of Da Vinci (Sully's half brother) who was hit by a car(most likely on purpose). I brought all my Social outside cats inside and have found homes for all but 2. I am at a loss with Sully, I do not know how to break his bad habits. He is 4 months old and a little pain in my rump at times. He loves to chew on shoes, especially leather boots. I have tried telling him no, booping his nose, water bottles, taking him away from the shoes, and removing the shoes from the room but nothing is working. He has a scratch pad, toys, and 3 of his siblings to play with but always goes back to the shoes. Do you think he will grow out of it? Also, what is the expected wright increase for a growing kitten? He is a BIG boy already, long, fat, and tall unlike his siblings you are lean and lanky. He currently weighs 3-4 pounds, maybe more.