Indoor or outdoor

Ron TitusRon Titus HaliburtonMember Posts: 4
edited 23 February, 2015 in Kitten Corner
I need help, so many different opinions and am at a loss of what to do. Should I let her roam or leash train her. Just feel it's bad enough we bubblewrap our kids, should we do it to our pets?

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 February, 2015
    There are a lot of potential hazards for kitties who roam outside unsupervised...cars, predators, evil humans, diseases, traps, poisons, bad weather, or even just getting lost and not being able to get home. We've had several cats in our family who enjoyed strolling outside with harness and leash. If you live in a house with a yard, an outdoor enclosure is also an option. Of course you want to find the right balance between safety and adventure for your kitty, but there are definitely ways to help them enjoy the outdoors while avoiding a lot of the dangers. =; Good luck! Keep us posted. |^|
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 7 February, 2015
    I agree with Jerry - there are just too many dangers for a cat outside alone. Why take chances? Since you've got a kitten it will be easy enough to leash train while he's young. Good luck!
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 February, 2015
    I suppose it depends on where you live:-k