Question about age

Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
edited 14 April, 2015 in Kitten Corner
Literally found a kitten someone had tossed in a dumpster. Vetted for potential mites, de wormed etc. no response to found ads anywhere so we decided to keep him. Vet aged him approx 4 months, and he was chipped and neutered. He is on a fully raw diet. My question comes after checking his molars. They are barely there! Maybe 1/8" showing through the gums on top, and just breaking through on the bottom. Would that be normal for a 4-5m old kitten, or is he younger than we thought?

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 April, 2015
    Sounds pretty normal. From what I understand, pre-molars usually start coming in around 6 months and molars after 8 months. Thank you for rescuing this sweet kitten! Keep us posted on his progress! |:|
  • Sherry StoneSherry Stone Member Posts: 526
    edited 14 April, 2015
    Thanks! I actually spoke to a local Maine Coon breeder as we had suspected a cross for a variety of issues. After checking him she agreed he is only about 3 months and def a cross with strong Maine coon characteristics!