We need some help with our kittens weight please

Michaela SchnorbusMichaela Schnorbus Member Posts: 1
edited 8 July, 2015 in Kitten Corner
My fiancé and I found our newest kitten (we've since named him Waylon) under our car about a week or two ago . But, in this short time with us he has made little progress. He looks to be about 5 to 7 weeks old, it is hard to tell because he is just sooo tiny, and we think he was on his own for awhile because he was really shy and wary of people until a couple of days ago. Other than his shyness, it was pretty obvious that he hadn't been fed in a while as he was skin and bones. I think he has gained a little weight, but it seems as though his bones are more prominent now than before. I was softening some of our dry food for him at first, but our four older cats would eat it before he got a chance. When it seemed that he would eat "dry" dry food I stopped. Both of us work from very early in the morning to late in the evening, but I do get to put food out for them three times a day, so feeding him separate is very hard. Does anyone know of any way I can supplement his diet and get him to gain some weight that wouldn't be too bad for our other cats? Any advice is much appreciated!