New feral kitten

Schagne VenterSchagne Venter Member Posts: 22
edited 11 July, 2015 in Kitten Corner
Hi, we've just adopted a little feral kitten which we found. He's been to see the vet and has been dewormed and everything. He's just adorable and very sweet and cuddly. Two of our cats have accepted him, but Bonbon seems to be jealous of him and enjoys chasing him. How can I get her to stop? Bonbon used to sleep on top of me each night and basically thinks she owns me, although she is technically my boyfriends' cat. When we got Baloo we initially quarantined him in my room because we didn't want to introduce possible diseases to our other cats, plus I have the ensuite so it's easier to sort out food and his litter tray, but Bonbon hasn't taken well to this. She now comes into my room just to bully him. I don't want to scold her or spray her constantly, but I need her to stop. With Pumpkin I just put a tiny amount of butter behind each of Baloo's ears and that got pumpkin so curious that he just held Baloo down and gave him a bath to get to those yummy buttery molecules. That relaxed them both and ever since then they've been good friends. I've used the butter trick to introduce many a foster or rescue cat to my home, but Bonbon doesn't like butter, so I don't know what to do for her. I know if I can get her to give him a bath it will release oxytocin for both of them that will help them bond, but how to do that? No idea. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.