help the black kitties

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
I am also posting this on my kits diaries - sending out a plea to help a whole bunch of black kitties in trouble! A vacated hoarder's home in the Chicago area was found to have close to 100 kitties in it - looks like most of them are black or tuxies. We all know it is so much harder for black kitties. (I have a special spot in my heart for a little black cat) Tree House Humane Society, Paws Chicago & Chicago Animal Control have been trapping the kitties, as they are boarding up the house today. Now they say they will not board it up until they are positive that there are no kits inside. Tree House has about 70 of the kits, but they are looking for foster help, adoption help, and surely monetary help. Tree House is a very good place - they are big with TNR & they have a Community Cat placement too. The kitties look to be reasonably healthy as the man that had lived there was trying to feed them even after they foreclosed his house & now it is unhabitable. While I would love to foster, with 4 inside & a colony of 7, I cannot, but I will be sending some extra funds to help. (I am already a Member of Tree House & Paws) The goal is to keep these lovely house panthers from being put down - as you know many ferals are. That is why they are awesome, cause they will take a feral group & place them in an area for rodent control or for barn cats. They are spaying/neutering/chipping & vaccinating all these babies. Please help if you are able! Here is their website TreeHouseAnimals.org

Comments

• MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August, 2015
    We all hope that something is sorted out for these darlings. Sending PURRRRRRRRRRRSSSSS from us all.