i believe my 5 month old kitten was bitten by a wolf spider on her mouth. Is this poisonous to her?

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    I'd watch her very carefully over the next few days. If any signs of swelling or abnormalities pop up, take her straight to the vet. But for the time being, be sure you have an emergency veterinary clinic at hand in case this spider was poisonous.
  • SAMANTHA BOWMANSAMANTHA BOWMAN TAMPAMember Posts: 92
    Accepted Answer
    NO. THEY ARE NOT TOXIC TO CATS.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Accepted Answer
    From Wikipedia: The Wolf Spider is not aggressive but will inject venom freely if continually provoked. Symptoms of its venomous bite include swelling, mild pain and itching. Though usually considered harmless to humans, its bite may be painful. In the past, necrotic bites have been attributed to some South American species, but further investigation has indicated that those problems that did occur were probably actually due to bites by members of other genera.[1] Australian wolf spiders have also been associated with necrotic wounds, but careful study has likewise shown them not to produce such results. If the area looks red, swollen or inhibits eating or drinking you need to consult a vet.