Why is my kitties bellies all bloated? They are between 13 and 15 years old, acting normally, eating

Best Answers

• Susan MinnichSusan Minnich HillsboroMember Posts: 97
    Accepted Answer
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by bloated, but if it's what I think you mean than your cats' experience is similar to our old cat Bootsie's. When he was 14 years old he started having kind of a sway back with his stomach sagging more toward the ground. It happened pretty gradually and he lived with it for a few months. We thought it happened just because he was old. The day he had to be put down because of kidney failure the vet told us that fluids were pooling in his belly. It always made me curious if kidney disease causes a sagging belly. I'm probably way off. The most likely explanation is that your kitties, like Bootsie, are old and so their backs give out and their tummies sag.
  • Karen DKaren D MinneapolisMember Posts: 14
    Accepted Answer
    Please please bring them to the vet for a check to be safe. Is the stomach kind of hard? I recenly lost Taboo to cancer and his first symptom that I saw was a hard round bloated stomach. It turned out to be filled with fluid and was uncomfortable for him. I'm not saying that is what is happening with your cats but I would take them in for check up as soon as possible.