Anyone ever had a bent tail? Mine is making my tail look like a question mark...Is it broken or disl

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Sometimes kitties just hold their tails in strange ways! Pinch the base of the tail gently and run your fingers down the whole tail's length. If you feel and obvious break in the bone of the tail, I'd leave it be unless the cat seems to be in pain. If the cat was in pain, you should probably contact a vet.
  • SAMANTHA BOWMANSAMANTHA BOWMAN TAMPAMember Posts: 92
    Accepted Answer
    YOU SHOULD DEFINETLY TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET!!! IT IS MOST LIKELY BROKEN AND THE VET WILL CHOOSE THE BEST ROUTE FOR RECOVERY OF THE TAIL!!!
  • L JowdyL Jowdy Mount PleasantMember Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    Go to the vet if you haven't already! I had a cat who fell off a landing in the house and dislocated his tail at its base. The vet had to "pop" it back into place. OUCH! I will warn you though, that if it is dislocated it may not be the same again. Poor Curious' tail was always somewhat bent there and was very tender in his old age. (There wasn't much else the vet could do for him besides pain meds.) Still, he lived another 10 years after that as a very happy cat, just with a crooked tail! :)