I recently started to drink more water than usual.

I eat fine. My behavioral pattern doesn't seem to have changed much. Could it be pressure (visitors and other cats that make me nervous) or could it be something more serious? I am female, spayed, 5 yrs. old. My poor mommy is very worried. Please help me and help my mommy. Thank you!

Best Answers

• Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    Accepted Answer
    Two things, check the odor of the cats urine if it's strong cuold be a UI and you need to go to teh vet. Could also be diabetes but your a bit young for that if you worried it cant hurt to check though....
  • Accepted Answer
    I'd head to the vet for a urine and blood test. This could be diabetes or maybe even a bladder problem. It's better to be safe than sorry. In the meantime, keep offering her as much water as she needs.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, as a nervous nelly, I'd say you'd drink less, not more, if you were stressed out. That's why stress is a bad thing for us cats. If you're drinking a lot more than usual, to the point where it is noticeable, I would probably go to the vet to rule out kidney problems, or a UTI (which can case those problems if left untreated).