My cat is showing signs of an infection. Does she have one? We're worried!

Tianna RaphaelTianna Raphael Santa CruzMember Posts: 15
My cat, Scampurr, has been acting as if she might have a urine or intestinal problem. She throws up her regular cat food or treats, probably once a week. She has been having tiny white mucus from her anal glands that we've noticed. She doesn't go outside, except on our porch. Does anyone know about this??? I'm worried.

Best Answers

• Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It sounds like it's time for a visit to the vet. Throwing up once a week isn't something healthy cats do. Your vet should be able to tell you what's wrong with Scampurr after examining her. If you don't have a vet, this is a good time to look for one. Best of luck to you. I hope it isn't anything serious.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Ms. Vanessa. Just for your piece of mind, take her to a vet or get one on board if you don't have one yet. Scampurr may have impacted anal glands, but that's usually a yellowy discharge. As for the vomiting, I know it's gross, but look at the vomit. Is there fur in it? My sister throws up about once a week also, but she is a long-haired cat and it's hairballs. If Scampurr was truly very ill, she'd be hurling more than once a week. Also, do you have plants around that she could be ingesting? We LOVED to eat Meowmie's plants and that's why our human sister has them all in her classroom now! Don't forget we aren't vets here and the only way to make sure your baby is OK is to have her checked out. Good luck and let us know!
  • Catherine StinettCatherine Stinett Art C ityMember Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer
    This does sound like a bit of an infection. My meowmie always says, "if in doubt, take them to the vet." I went to the vet with a weird spot on my bib. It had appear what seemed to be overnight, with the hair falling out and it looked like ringworm. It wasn't. As it turned out, it healed and another one came, but mom saw that I was just OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and licking that spot until the hair came off and the skin was raw. Mom said I was stupid. I haven't done it since.