my cat has a high fever what can i do to get it down?

my cat is very sick and has a high fever and i would like to know what i can do to make her temperature go down?

Best Answers

• Linda PlummerLinda Plummer GainesvilleMember Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    Take your cat to the nearest veterinarian.... Quick!!!!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Fevers are a body's way of fighting infection. Making the fever go down (if you even could) will not "cure" your poor kitty. Your cat is sick and needs vet care RIGHT AWAY!!
  • Moxie PopMoxie Pop Los AngelesMember Posts: 130
    Accepted Answer
    If your cat has a fever then it is serious and you must take it to a vet immediately. The last time my kitty threw up, I took her to the vet and they checked her temperature. They said it was normal and that's not surprising because cat's rarely develop a temperature except in very specific circumstances (e.g. temporarily right after vaccination). If a cat develops a fever, it requires immediate medical attention. Hopefully it's nothing serious but it's not something for you to treat on your own.