Kitty Sleeping?

Hello! My kitty,Oreo sleeps with me on my bed! He ,loves to go under the blankets where he can't breathe Can something happen to him?

Best Answers

• Sarah HillmanSarah Hillman Member Posts: 13
    Accepted Answer
    My grandma's cat used to do that all the time... Besides you kicking him, I don't think anything such as suffocating would happen because it is very very hard for animals (even humans) to smother themselves because their natural instinct is to find air. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Jade is right. One of my cats sleeps upstairs under a heavy bedspread all day. He always shows up for suppertime! He feels safe under there, probably, and it's warm. (It's like a "den") I always have to watch for the lump under the spread before I sit down on the bed! He CAN breath under there, 'cause like Jade said, if he couldn't he'd come out. The worst he can do is like what my Izzie does to me and chew on your toes at 1AM!
  • Pina MartinelliPina Martinelli YonkersMember Posts: 19
    Accepted Answer
    No, he will be fine, sweetie. He instinctively knows when to get air when he needs it, so it is not a problem. I used to worry about that too, but I don't anymore!
  • Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    Accepted Answer
    Cats are much smarter than we are. I would say, if he is going back there, time and again, he's fine. :-)
  • Heidi HessenHeidi Hessen Acworth/KennesawMember Posts: 975
    Accepted Answer
    When Skitzee and Sparky were young they both slept under the covers at the foot of the bed. Max and Zoe also sleep under the covers - but i am required to make a "tent" with a pillow and my body so they can snuggle. Lucy also sleeps totally under blankets. They just want to be warm, and near you! Enjoy it....nothing like a little (or big!) furry heater in bed with you!