my kitty has not had a bowel movement in a couple of days. Any ideas?

She has been on amoxicillin for a couple of weeks due to a UTI. Her Kidney function is slightly elevated so vet wants her on special food, which I put out for her but since I put it out she has had no bowel movement. She is urinating and drinking a lot of water, but no bowel movement.

Best Answer

• Pina MartinelliPina Martinelli YonkersMember Posts: 19
    Accepted Answer
    I think your best bet is to contact your vet about this. The medication could be causing her to react this way (as in it might be upsetting her stomach or she has no appetite), or she may simply not like the food and is avoiding eating it. It probably tastes and smells different than what she is used to, so as a consequence, she has decided it is not her cup of tea. I know that when our mom changes the food here some of us will sniff it, scratch at it - in distaste - and walk away from it, until Mom gets the message that we don't like it. Call the vet today and see what they have to say about it. It is good that she is drinking water however, as she could get dehydrated if she didn't.