my cat dislocated his hip a few days ago and he has blood in his pee, and i was wondering if he is b

His name is Gizzmo and he is only 7 mths old. I thought that his leg was broken so i had my anut splent it but he just wouldnt stop crying so she just wraped it but didnt even think about the hip. Well i broght him home and he went tho the bathroom and there was blood in it. Well today i noteced that his hip was out and that it wasnt his leg so did his dislocated hip puncture anything in his body or did my anut just cause tramma on him by wrapping his leg?

Best Answers

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    Accepted Answer
    Either or. Please! Take him to a vet immediately. He must be in tremendous pain. Your vet may not be open on a Sunday. If not, look up emergency animal hospitals in the phone book. And get him in right away! Blood in pee is not normal. Dislocated hips must be put back in place. Broken legs must have casts. A vet must see your cat, please do not wait. We'll be purring for Gizzmo, good luck!
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    Gizzmo needs immediate veterinary attention! Please take him to an emergency clinic or call your vet's emergeny line right away!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Hopefully by now someone has taken poor Giz to the vets for treatment. Without a proper diagnoses of a broken leg or a dislocated hip, it's not a good idea to try to "fix" anything, especially someone who is not medically trained. By wrapping his leg, your aunt, whom I'm sure meant well and not to cause him any MORE pain, could have injured him even more. Giz needs x-rays! Please let us know how he's doing and get him to a vet right now!