Why does my cat pull the hair out of the back of her legs? Why does she throw up a lot?

My cat pulls the hair out of her legs, it looks like someone shaved the back of her legs. She also throws up daily. She eats all the time, but is not fat. Any ideas as to why she does this?

Best Answers

• Mommy2juanMommy2juan HanfordMember Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Please get kitty to vet.
  • zeta frascazeta frasca londonMember Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, The short answer from the other cat is right Katie needs to go to the vet. But just to let you know there could be a few different problems happening, firstly it could be something simple like fleas causing a flea allergy and because she is over grooming this is causing fur balls thus the vomiting. And when cats have fleas they can get worms from them thus she is under weight but they can also get a red blood cell infection called Haemobartonella from fleas (diagnosed via a simple blood test). However her vomiting in conjunction with excessive appetite with no weight gain might be caused by something more serious, such as Hyperthyriodism. This can be diagnosed with a blood test and can either be treated with tablets or surgery. I would strongly recommend getting her to the vet. Good luck and please let us know how she gets on we wish her well!!