My mom thinks I may have swallowed a cotton ball last night. I started gasping for air and woke my mom up last night. When mom turned the light to check on me on I stopped choking and mom found a cotton ball next to me which had fallen out of a homemade pillow I had been kneading on. Mom called the vet and the vet said it should probably pass since I'm a big boy of 16 lbs and to just watch me. How long do you think it will take to pass if I did swallow it, or how soon do you think I could start getting sick if it doesn't pass? Also is there anything I can do to help it along? It has only been about 10 hours but Mom is very worried about me.