my cat has a cold?

I took him to the vet two day ago about his cold and today he is no better.

Best Answers

• Christine UnversawChristine Unversaw EvanstonMember Posts: 3,321
    Accepted Answer
    I'd give the vet another call then and see what they say.
  • Diane OwensDiane Owens Member Posts: 26
    Accepted Answer
    The thing to watch for is not eating and drinking. A cat will not eat if he cannot smell the food. If the cat quits drinking it does not take very long to have dehydration problems.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Call the vet and tell them the cat is not feeling better. Perhaps s/he has a UTI? If that is the case, your vet should be able to prescribe Clamavox (antibiotic) for her/him. I had to take Clamavox when I had this stubborn UTI, and it was no picnic: I hate medicines in any shape or form (I'm cuddly unless you come at me with a pill, or syringe or dropper). Mom had to hide it in wet food to get me to "drink it", and towards the end of it, I was starting to figure out that switching to an all wet food diet for a few days meant something was definitely up. But mom got it all in me, and it did make me feel all better.
  • Tanya MundyTanya Mundy boulderMember Posts: 763
    Accepted Answer
    Just like colds in people, cat colds can be hard to get ride of. BUT, they can also be other things (as the prior answers suggest) that aren't just "colds". Make sure your cat is eating and drinking and using the litterbox. (if you have more than one cat, you might have to isolate them). Also, check the white of your cat's eye. Unlike people or dogs, the white of cat's eyes is hard to see, and you have to sorta "pry" the eye open a bit. If the eye is red, that's a sign he or she needs to see the vet. good luck