Hi, Right after I touch or give hugs & kisses to my Kally, she starts to wash up.

Kally_Kat_Kally_Kat_ BeansMember Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
I have a very beautiful cailco cat. She's very sweet & affectionate. Now, why does she washes up right after I touch or hug & kiss her? What's the meaning of that? My other cats did the same thing. Is it showing affection from me or ? I'm a very clean person and so is she! Hope to hear from you soon. Also can I e-mail one of those beautiful cats at your site? Love your website thanks and hve a very nice day! (:

♥Luv iz 4 - eva & eva♥

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Isn't that fun? Makes you feel really good about yourself! ;-) My daughter's cat does the same thing. Some cats are meticulous about grooming and don't like to have anyone else's scent on them or have their fur messed up. It's nothing personal! Also, to message a cat, you can click on their photo, go to their page and click on the "message me" cat in front of an envelope icon which appears below their photo on the left hand side at the top of their page. You have a good day also!
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    I do that. I am a very fastidious cleaner, and I usually decide that if you're getting close, it means I need to look my best. Don't stress, it's just our way to be presentable when cuddling. ;)
  • Cynthia LeathersCynthia Leathers Member Posts: 131
    Accepted Answer
    Cats not only smell with their noses, but they also have a gland in the roof of their mouths called a Jacobsen's organ that helps them to process both taste and smell at the same time. When Kally grooms herself after you pet her, she is "tasting" the scent your hands leave behind. Cats love sensory input and they process a lot by not just smelling but tasting what you left behind on their fur! It's just her way of saying she likes you and wants more of you. All my cats do the same thing. I even have one cat who will "hold" my hand between his paws and sniff and lick my hands before I go back to petting him. Grooming is not just to keep themselves clean, but also a social activity (if you've ever seen two adult cats washing each other, they're just being social) and Kally licking your scent off herself is doing 2 jobs at once - keeping herself clean and socializing with you as well.
  • Kally_Kat_Kally_Kat_ BeansMember Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank yew furriends fur yur great comments!
    It's been 2 full years come April 8th 2016 that my beautiful Kally Kat now, an Angel.
    She too, suffered  from Kidney Failure stage 3 at her worse illness.

Oh, I still cry  :'(    for her enuff, it's so very difficult as she was my last cat that I will ever had.
    I had 2 more female cats all at separate times.

Kally Kat Angel, has come to me in her Spirits more than quite a few times in my bed at night.
    At first I really got freaked out, like Wow!

She was, the only cat that use to scratch her claws on my box spring mattress as often too play at nite & even up to the end of her litta life. Yet, she still comes to visit me.
    I always say to her, thank you Kally or thank you sweet heart for coming to visit me!

She was my litta gurl with fur. I gave her the very best of everything!
    As I say, I now, have no cat with me, but I come here to the new Catster in honouring hur life on earth with me & all hur pawsome furriends!

Thank you furriends above & not too far by honouring her, gift from God, thank you!

♥Luv♥ iz - 4 -eva & eva. 

♥Luv iz 4 - eva & eva♥