Back leg suddenly will twitch like a cramp while making biscuits. Once every few minutes. Otherwise

Best Answers

• Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Meows Yoshi, You may have a cramp in your leg, or perhaps you have twisted something. It could just be something silly you like to do. Have your Meowmy gently massage your leg right after you twitch and see if there is any reaction. If there is no pain or soreness, it may just be a silly thing you do. Your Meowmy may want to mention it at your next Vet visit, but if you are walking and playing fine it could just be you making your Meowmy smile. Purrs Lakoda
  • Judy WilkinsJudy Wilkins MissionMember Posts: 162
    Accepted Answer
    I think I do the same thing as you do, Yoshi. It took my Mom a while to figure out what I was doing too. I'll let her explain for me. I had Mozza neutered at 5 months old. But I guess he had enough male hormones to have some effect for life. When he gets super-lovey, making biscuits on the bed, he seems to get 'carried away' a little. He starts kneading but then, he twitches or jerks, off & on, with his back legs. The longer he kneads, the more he twitches. After kneading, he'll wash his back end. Once, I was surprised to see he had a tiny erection (don't know how else to say politely) as he lifts his leg to wash. Seems like he does almost all the time he kneads for long. I checked around & found that it's not really sexual but 'cause he's so happy kneading at bedtime. His body expresses itself that way. It may not be what Yoshi does, but worth checking. If it is, it's harmless. If it isn't what Yoshi is like, please excuse this. BTW, I looked at Yoshi's page. He's beautiful!!