What kind of names do cats like?

Best Answers

• Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    We all like different names, and they are based on our personalities. I am Morgan the Pirate Gato, and was named becuase I crossed the Caribbean to come to CT from Puerto Rico. Jesse James was named because he's a little bandit and steals things. Apache was named because she was like a little Indian as a a kitten. Amigo is her brother and he was also her best friend. Maximum Katzenfergnugan was named because he was such a fun kitten, and Lakoda (Friend to All) was named because he loves everyone. We really hope this helps you come up with some ideas.
  • Accepted Answer
    Cats prefer sophisticated names. I think they find "pet" names (i.e Sparky, Rover, Stinky, Whiskers) slightly offending. The are very human-like creatures and are far more intelligent than we give them credit for. My cats' names are Todd, Elizabeth, and Natasha. I wanted to name the male something simple and masculine- like his personality. He also has a very dog-like character. That is why I named him Todd. It has one syllable, it's masculine, and it means "fox" or " wild dog". Elizabeth was a rude kitten that reminded me of a royal princess who had very particular demands and wishes. Elizabeth was the name of queens, so I decided that would be her name. I had to think hard before naming Natasha. I loved the name 'Natasha' but it meant "born on christmas day" which might've be true- but we really don't have any idea when her exact birthday is. She was a rescued cat and is very grateful. Christmas is a time of gratefulness and the name Natasha is beautiful. It just fit. Good luck!
  • Sandi MahanaSandi Mahana Member Posts: 4,011
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think they really care what their names are as long as it dosn't sound like "No" cause then the kitty may think your telling him No when you saying Mo