my cat has his third eyelid starting to show more and his eyes are watering. what is this? will it g

brittany esobrittany eso Jacksonville, FLMember Posts: 2
ive tried tolook up what this could be, but i cant find an answer. he isnt acting any different other than the eyes. well, his meow might be a lil off from normal

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    My Springer Spaniel had this happen to her. It looked like her eyes had rolled back in her head, but the vet said it was her third eyelid and called it something like "Horter's Syndrome". He gave me some salve and within a day, she was fine. If his eye is watering, it's probably sensitive to light. He may have an infection. Because he could potentially go blind if it IS an infection, you'd best at least call your vet to see what they want you to do.
  • Drew MatichDrew Matich Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Depending on his overall health, it could go away on its own, but I wouldn't give it more than a couple days before taking him to the vet for a look. In my 7-month old kitten, this exact symptom was followed by a full blown case of conjunctivitis and upper respiratory infection which took about 10 days of treatment and TLC to knock out...oddly enough, it was only in his right eye.