Thank you for all of your answers, very helpful. I have another one about the same fat kitty...

Desiree BeuthienDesiree Beuthien Member Posts: 5
I didn't have her picture up before. Anyway, How do you gracefully stop the community feeding (one bowl for all cats left out all day) when that is what I have always done, so that Reesee can be put on the special diet? Thanks!

Best Answers

• Darlene WagnerDarlene Wagner MilwaukeeMember Posts: 1,075
    Accepted Answer
    Mommy just started removing ours at night. We are also now on the same food, so it makes it easier, and we still each have our own bowl, but there is less of food in each bowl.
  • katherine Likelykatherine Likely YelmMember Posts: 63
    Accepted Answer
    You can't leave the community bowl out anymore if it is can food. I feed my cats for their special needs at one time in the mornings at different places in the home. Spirit is fed in the office - she's overweight and can't have the high charged food of the younger generation. JefferyAnna is fed with her litter in my bedroom. She gets special mommy food as she is still nursing. Her 2 kittens aren't even a week old. Freckles, Sweetie and Sweet Pea are fed on the on top of the washer in the laundry room and they get normal food. The only food I leave out for the community is the dry food, sence Spirit is never interested in it - it has not proved to be a problem.
  • Ruth SaundersRuth Saunders Member Posts: 139
    Accepted Answer
    from Skuya's Meowmie- You could try having a bowl for each and giving a measured portion. One kitty here sometimes switches to another's bowl (probably thinking it might be better, MOL!) but the other takes his/hers so it works out to be the same. There's usually some left and they'll come back at-will 'til it's gone, (I think I mistakenly called that free-feed in my last post). You could also pick-up the dishes after they walk away to prevent 1 kitty from cleaning up all that's left. I do that sometimes and keep them covered in a latched cupboard. I had a lidded plastic container, but they can knock-over/open it! You'll want to switch foods slowly, over a week, so the kitties' G.I. systems don't get upset. Gradually add more of the new, decrease the old. Reesee's a pretty kitty!