"Cat dating"

Olja AOlja A EuropeMember Posts: 330
I saw a lot of forum threads which topic is for cat's crushes, dating etc. Can anyone tell me what does that mean? What, cats are dating? Is it as only the cats are dating ( virtually, off course:)) or humans as well - through the cats...?? Hope you understand what i want to ask...:))

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Catster.com Community Guidelines state: Although we love every dog and cat, we do not allow any pet pages or postings offering or alluding to...breeding services. We work hard on keeping our community a safe place but this is still the internet! Please do not encourage others to post personal information publicly on Catster. This includes e-mail addresses, instant messenger IDs, addresses, phone numbers or bank account information.
  • Olja AvlijasOlja Avlijas Belgrade, SerbiaMember Posts: 1,991
    Accepted Answer
    My guess is that it's a game...some sort of a game. Nothing about breeding or real dating, just another game on Catster.
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    Accepted Answer
    As with all on-line communities, some cats (typists) on Catster become more atttached to each other than to others. If they make a particularly close connection, they might speak each day or every other day. They might then decide that they are "dating". But it is all virtual and NO actual meet-ups or breeding. Unfortunately, this can also lead to break-ups and some hurt feelings. Go slowly and use discretion and all will be well.
  • Sandi MahanaSandi Mahana Member Posts: 4,011
    Accepted Answer
    If you notice at the top of Catster Crushes it says this "Crushes is for light-hearted fun. These are often neither real nor permanent connections, just playing around. A friendly reminder to anyone making connections here, Catster is still part of the internet, so take care not to befriend anyone too fast without really knowing who they are. Forums are public conversations and there are no private or exclusive threads allowed." Garfield and Queenie have been on a few dates. I know that probably some cats know the other cats owners and their owners may date through catster.