my cat is 15 years old and were not sure but we think he has a fever how can you tell and hes drink

wendy massewendy masse montrealMember Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Dana AlfasatlehDana Alfasatleh Member Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    feel his nose if cool no fever if hot fever. and keep his water ice cold
  • Calindy MannCalindy Mann Member Posts: 173
    Accepted Answer
    You can tell a cats tempreature form it's ears as well. Kitty ears should range from slightly cool to slightly warm, if his ears are very warm or hot he may have a fever. A cat's normal term is around 101 point something...point two? I think. He could have feline diabetes considering his age. A vet could tell you for sure.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If he's drinking lots of water, I would take him to the vet. It could also be his kidneys among other things. The vet will need to do some blood tests, to pin point any problems. Good luck.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    The only reliable way to get a cat's true temperature is to take it rectally (through his rear end). Remember that a fever is a symptom and not an illness itself. Your cat could have a urinary tract infection or something else wrong with him. If you suspect that he's sick, it's best to take him to his doctor right now before he gets worse.