4 month old sphynx kitten is developing black freckle-like spots what is this?

Member Posts: 1
My kitten has these little black spots on his neck, head and a few on the sides of his belly. He seems very healthy in every way. It is just very noticable because he is hairless.

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    I know next to nothing about Sphynxes, but I was translating at a cat show when the judge was praising a Sphynx kitten for not having a single blotch or other mark on her, which I took to mean that Sphynxes often have marks or other imperfections (the Sphynx equivalent of freckles or moles?). Anyway, did you buy your cat from a breeder? If so, you can ask him/her. If you bought your cat from a pet store, then they should be able to tell you as well. (I assume that you did not get your Sphynx at a shelter, as they are still so rare, but if you did, ask the shelter.) If you still don't get any satisfactory answers, by all means consult with your vet. Good luck, and enjoy your little peach-fuzz baby!
  • Jessica AndresenJessica Andresen IndianapolisMember Posts: 507
    Accepted Answer
    I get them too every once in a while, but I am a very oily girl... My vet says that we get little pimple-like blackheads sometimes. I have a couple on my tail right now. Is that what it looks like? We naked kitties can get very dirty with a quickness!! Hope this helps... Just keep an eye on your baby, chances are you'll see your vet soon for boosters (I just went today). Make a little note to ask the doctor about them when you go... as long as they don't seem painful or oozy, I don't think it's much too worry about. :) BTW, make a page with pics!! I love to see fellow naked babies!!