Hasseling cat

I have a cat that has been hasseling like a dog for the last 3 hours. She will not drink water and plus its not that hot. My other outside cats are just laying around fine. I have checked her body to see if she may be hurt, but do not see any sign of that. If she stops hasseling her body still expands back and forth. Just checking to see what this is or if it will pass. Or if she needs to go to the vet. Thanks Holly B.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I'm not sure what you mean by "hasseling". Do you mean panting? In any case, she may not be hurt but if she's an outdoor kitty, she may have been poisoned. If she's acting disoriented or ill in any other way (starts vomiting, etc.)she needs to get to the vet. Keep a very close eye on her and possibly even call your vet and explain her behavior to him/her. She may just be too warm-they do have fur coats on, after all. But, she may also have gotten into something and that won't pass by itself.